Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the US television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution, and advertising solutions.
Overview and Responsibilities:
Paramount Streaming is looking for a Director to join their Financial Planning & Analysis and Business Development/Strategy team in either LA or NYC! The Director will focus primarily on our Ad-Supported streaming service Pluto TV.
As part of an aligned Business Development /Strategy and FP&A team, the Director will report to the SVP, Finance & FP&A and work closely with the VP, Strategy and will assist in ensuring the completeness and integrity of all partner forecasts and budgets, tracking partner performance, and creating robust partner models to inform critical key decisions.
The role will work closely with the senior leadership of Pluto TV providing support for the necessary financial and business strategy components required for the division to effectively manage its current business and grow. The Director will partner with the Finance and Strategy teams to drive presentations, board presentations, and management reviews on regular basis with an emphasis on storytelling and business narrative.
This position offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity within a successful and growing global media organization. It will provide wide-ranging exposure to the evolving interactive content industry while working within the broader media umbrella of Paramount Global.
• Manage the daily financial management and monthly forecasting of all Pluto TV distribution partners in collaboration with the Strategic Finance organization
• Analyze and report on partner trends within Pluto TV to key collaborators, including senior leadership
• Build original presentations to convey the state of the business to diverse audiences
• Supporting a comprehensive look at revenue growth and optimization along with scenario planning to build the greatest number of options and strategies
• Proactively identifying financial opportunities and risks and providing risk mitigation strategies to achieve budget targets
• Work closely with the SVP, Finance, and FP&A, and SVP, Strategy to evaluate and advise on the impact of business trends and results
• Gathering and providing data and leading analyses to assess business strengths and weaknesses, identify/evaluate opportunities and achieve short and long term strategic goals
• Monitoring industry trends and interpreting the potential implications for the business
• Responsible for crafting and maintaining all partner models, including all new and existing partners
• Responsible for quarterly key earnings data points and analyses for Investor Relations, liaising with Business Intelligence, research, and strategy on what KPIs need to be pulled each quarter
• Ad hoc requests and analyses will be frequent
Bachelor's Degree required Advanced Degree/MBA preferred
At least 10+ years experience in Banking, Strategy, Finance, Consulting or equivalent quantitative roles with a focus on strategy and business analysis
• High level of proficiency in Excel, experience in preparing complex financial models and manipulating large datasets
• Strong communication skills with the ability to moderate based on audience and demonstrate an ability to partner with a range of cross-functional partners including Business Development, Strategy, and Marketing
• Experience in a highly analytical environment
• Strong work ethic and acute attention to detail required
• Ability to work quickly and accurately on multiple projects concurrently
• Challenge the status quo and bring up new ideas
• Actively seek diverse views and foster an inclusive team environment
• Finance/Economics/Mathematics major preferred
• MBA preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
• Experience with P&L management and forecasting
• Prior experience in digital media, specifically in a advertising-based role, is highly desirable
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9y74-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.