West Hollywood, CA
Overview and Responsibilities
Showtime & Paramount Television Studios are seeking a Director, Development Finance. This role will support production finance in development operations and processes, systems implementation, accounting, and analytics. This is an excellent position for someone who is looking to develop their career in production finance and television accounting and can bring their strong analytical and operational skills to a fast-paced industry leader. Key duties will include tracking and reporting contractual commitments, talent payroll, accounts payable, and accounting. This position will also have oversight of development analytics for the premium segment finance group (Showtime, PTVS & BET) and will work cross-functionally to directly support Corporate Finance, Business Affairs, and Production Finance. This position will report to the VP, Production Finance FP&A.
The ideal candidate will be highly driven and curious, possess strong interpersonal skills, be able to process many tasks simultaneously with accuracy and take the initiative to innovate and drive operational improvements.
• Oversee and maintain contractual obligations in SAP and Development Database
• Prepare and issue development commitment and analytics executive summary report
• Perform payroll edit reviews, corresponding with payroll company on current issues
• Review and approve talent payroll and accounts payable
• Ensure all general ledger accounting transactions are entered accurately, timely, and coded properly
• Coordinate preparation, review, and approval of term deal payment schedules
• Maintain term deal recoupments
• Coordinate coverage and co-development billing
• Support the monthly/quarterly accounting close cycles
• Handle expense and cash flow forecasting
• Facilitate the implementation of SAP S/4
• Consolidate and convert various divisional (Showtime, PTVS & BET) development legacy systems, data, and reports
• Implement data analytics mining structure to drive business intelligence and insights
• Complete various ad hoc projects
• 5-7 years production finance or development finance/accounting experience
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in finance or accounting
• Understanding of accounting principles and practices, general ledger systems and accounts payable functions.
• Understanding of guild plan contributions and payroll taxes
• Strong knowledge of Excel
• Knowledge of television production finance functions and entertainment industry business practices
• Experience in general ledger accounting, purchase order or planning systems (SAP, Ariba, Longview, EP Smart Accounting, Cast & Crew)
• Learns quickly, conducts self-reviews, checks work, and learns from mistakes
• Is curious, hardworking, and passionate about entertainment finance; and maintains a positive outlook
• Works reliably and efficiently with heavy volume and tight deadlines
• Ideal candidate remains calm under pressure, has strong communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with senior management and other high-level industry executives
• Willing to challenge the status quo, advocate for diverse and inclusive culture, and always act in Showtime & PTVS's best interest.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79818-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television.