Paramount's Advanced Advertising group is at the forefront of this reinvention of advertising through new business models, predictive analytics, optimization, and other modern data science and analysis techniques.
What we're looking for
If you're a Data Scientist, proficient at identifying the accurate (data science or statistical) approaches to solve problems, this role is for you! We believe you'll excel if you are a collaborative, efficient communicator with phenomenal interpersonal and presentation skills!
Upon joining, we will provide a deep understanding of our platform, including the predictive, simulation, and optimization models that power and how they impact our underlying business.
• Data Science/ Analysis: Conduct analyses, like root cause and statistical data analyses that answer key business questions. Assist semi-technical users with SQL queries. Occasionally present your analyses. Find answers to difficult open-ended questions.
• Collaboration: Coordinate with product management and software development to deliver new data-driven capabilities. Assist with the design, prototyping, and implementation of new product innovation and methodology. Contribute to existing Python data science code repositories.
• Performance Management: Work across functions to validate and ensure platform performance. Monitor and maintain platform health, as determined by business leadership. Monitor, maintain, and improve existing prediction, optimization, and simulation engines. Brainstorm new functionality and features for future platform improvements
• 3+ years of analytical work; interpreting large datasets and drawing inferences and creating action items
• Proficiency in Machine Learning (algorithms, xgboost/lightGBM, pytorch/tensorflow, SVM, random forest, etc.), optimization techniques (e.g., linear programming and greedy optimization), and simulation methods (e.g., Monte Carlo analyses).
• High proficiency in Python, SQL, and Spreadsheets (Postgres, and distributed databases like AWS Redshift and Snowflake), and Excel / Google Sheets (advanced formulas, pivot tables)
• Ph.D. in STEM or Master's degree in a STEM with 1-year of data science/analytics working experience
• Media, network, streaming, television, or ad-tech firm experience with familiarity with digital, addressable, programmatic advertising
• Agile work experience
• Production data science systems experience (that leverage prediction and optimization algorithms)
• Familiarity with AWS cloud infrastructure and offerings (EC2, S3, Redshift, Athena, SageMaker, EMR, Glue, QuickSight), and/or Snowflake
• Familiarity with REST APIs (using, designing, and implementing)
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb546o-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.