Paramount+ (formerly ViacomCBS Streaming) is a division of Paramount™ that comprises many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Paramount, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe and Paramount Channel and more. ViacomCBS is home to premiere global media brands that build compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products, social media experiences, and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 180 countries.
Overview & Responsibilities:
We are a passionate group providing data needs for all Paramount™ properties. This includes Paramount+, Paramount+ International, CBS, CBSNews, CBS Sports and related Sports Properties. Our team is made up of varying engineering roles including Data, Data Product and Ingestion Engineering. Our team is responsible for driving the ViacomCBS Streaming data strategy and best practices for data collection, Pipelines, usage and infrastructure.
The Data Engineer should possess a deep sense of curiosity and a passion for building smarter products based on data, and the ability to communicate data structures and tools throughout the Paramount™ organization. The perfect candidate for this role will use their skills in reverse engineering, analytics, and creative, experimental solutions to devise data and BI solutions. This engineer supports data pipeline development which includes machine learning algorithms using disparate data sources. The ideal candidate will also work with BI, Research, Engineering, and Product teams to implement data-driven plans that drive the business.
• Works with large volumes of traffic data and user behaviors to build pipelines that enhance raw data.
• Able to break down and communicate highly complex data problems into simple, feasible solutions.
• Extract patterns from large datasets and transform data into an informational advantage.
• Find answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data sets via Jupyter, SQL, dashboards, statistical analysis, and data visualizations.
• Partner with the internal product and business intelligence teams to determine the best approach around data ingestion, structure, and storage. Then, work with the team to ensure these are implemented correctly.
• Contributing ideas on how to make our data more effective and working with other members of the engineering, BI teams, and business units to implement changes.
• Ongoing development of technical solutions while developing and maintaining documentation, at times training impacted teams.
• Early on, collaborate with the team on internal initiatives to create strategies that improve company processes.
• Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years work experience in Analytics/Measurement/Data Operations fields or consulting roles with a focus on digital analytics implementations.
• Familiarity with data management systems, both relational and NoSQL (e.g., BigTable, HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
• Proficient in Python.
• Familiarity with SQL skills for BigQuery, MySQL, and Postgres to perform common types of analysis
• Experience with exploratory data analysis using tools like iPython Notebook, Pandas & matplotlib, etc.
• Strong problem-solving and creative-thinking skills.
• Ability to break down and communicate highly complex data problems as simple, feasible solutions
• Demonstrated development of ongoing technical solutions while developing and maintaining documentation, at times training impacted teams.
• Experience developing solutions to business requirements via hands-on discovery and exploration of data.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, as well as translating business requirements into Data Solutions
• Experience building and deploying applications on a cloud platform (Google Cloud Platform preferred)
• Experience with Marketing tools like Kochava, Braze, Branch, Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a plus.
• Experience with Apache Airflow is a plus.
• Familiarity with Data Modeling.
• Familiarity in Hadoop pipelines using Spark, Kafka.
• Familiar with GIT.
• Experience with a Python web framework such as Django or Flask.
• Can perform statistical analyses using tools such as R, Numpy/SciPy with Python
• Experience with Adobe Analytics (Omniture) or Google Analytics.
• Digital marketing strategy including site, video, social media, SEM, SEO, and display advertising.
• Familiarity with ELT/ETL concepts.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyeq8q-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.