OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We have an exciting opportunity on our Intellectual Property legal team at Paramount Global! We're seeking a Counsel, Intellectual Property with experience in trademarks prosecution, clearance and enforcement. You'll join a pro-active and longstanding team of attorneys, trademark specialists and staff, which supports Paramount and each of its businesses' Intellectual Property rights.
This position is responsible for providing overall Intellectual Property strategy, advice and counseling to clients and protecting certain divisions of Paramount's trademark portfolio, domains and copyright works. The attorney, with the support of in-house professionals, directly handles US trademark clearance, filing, prosecution, substantive office actions and works with counsel in international jurisdictions for similar tasks. Trademark enforcement involves reviewing watch notices, handling investigators, drafting cease and desist letters, preparing domestic oppositions, defending cancellations, and engaging and overseeing foreign counsel for foreign advice and oppositions, along with defending third party claims, and filing UDRP actions. Copyright enforcement involves analyzing copyright and other claims, including those that can succeed to address social media misuses. This role will work with the rest of the department to support the overall intellectual property protection efforts of our companies.
• At least 3 years of applicable experience with trademark portfolio management at a major law firm, IP boutique and/or an in-house position
• Juris Doctor degree from accredited law school with bar admission; excellent academic credentials and continuing legal education in Intellectual Property
• Member of NY or CA bar
• Proficient in trademark law and copyright law with shown success at influencing and using initiative to achieve results
• Computer proficiency, including trademark database and Internet
• Excellent analytical talent, with oral and written communications skills, suitable for busy business clients, and including presentations to peers and clients
• Ability to quickly acquire organizational and business awareness is a key success factor
• Extraordinary work ethic, highly organized, attention to detail and ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities and handle numerous projects simultaneously
• Ability to adapt legal work to the changing digital landscape
• In-house trademarks experience
• USPTO/TTAB experience
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9xyqz-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.