Overview & Responsibilities
The Broadcast Maintenance position is responsible for the overall Broadcast System's health to the specific LATX Transmission electronics (receive and transmit), Broadcast Production equipment, Post Production Broadcast equipment, On-Air Broadcast Integration systems (Paramount/CBS Sports), Broadcast computer systems, Firewall Servers, FTP Servers, Media Storage, Streaming Servers, Ethernet Switches/Routers/Gateways, and Broadcast Systems I/O electronics.
Role Details: Accountabilities / Duties / Key Projects
Proficient in the configuration and repair of broadcast devices and systems such as Satellite IRDs, Frame Syncs, Video Processors, Routing and Monitoring systems. Handle incoming live sporting events, including communications systems and production truck connectivity.
Configure and repair Satellite systems, Earth Station electronics including uplink signal encoders, VANC encoders, modulators, and RF Routers. C Band Satellite downlink electronics, IRDs, signal processors, amplifiers, MATV system modulators, MATV STB receivers.
The physical repair and configuration of Broadcast Production Systems including video production switchers; Utah Video MC systems, GVG Kayenne switchers, Sony production switchers. Video delay units, closed captioning equipment, and HD-SDI video and audio monitoring equipment. HD-SDI/IP routers, Utah Video Router, Evertz Video Routers, NV Video routers.
Solid understanding of analog and digital test equipment and Waveform Displays /Spectrum
Analyzers to validate and troubleshoot audio, video, and RF signals is required.
Configuration and repair of Post Production equipment: Avid Media Composer, Avid Nexus Media Storage, and Avid Post Production systems, Adobe Premier, GVG Edius.
The configuration and repair of On-Air Commercial Integration systems electronics and software including computer driver/software deployment, system data backup and recovery, automation control system maintenance and patching.
The knowledge of computer based systems; PC, MAC, and Linux, knowledge to configure Avaya and Cisco Ethernet Switches.
The knowledge and configuration of Video Streaming systems, and Cloud compute/storage systems, provisioning AWS / Azure Compute and Storage. The knowledge and configuration of IP rules / application FWs, and Ethernet switches.
Duties and Responsibilities include troubleshooting electronic equipment to the component (hardware/software) level or module, interaction with equipment manufacturer to correct problems.
Effectively communicate with Vendors, Engineering management, and staff.
The ability to work independently at times and collaboratively with other engineering team members is critical.
3+ years of experience as a Television Broadcast Engineer, or equivalent involving Post Production Systems, and On-Air Commercial Integration Systems, Satellite Uplink/Downlink systems, Central Plant Broadcast Engineering Systems support.
- Excellent knowledge of common HD television signals. Specific knowledge of Evertz systems, MVP / VIP, HEVC Encoders, DAs and Video Processing Electronics.
- The position requires good communication, writing and documentation skills. Must have knowledge of and understand FCC rules and regulations as they apply to Television Network Over-The-Air operations and Satellite uplink operations.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus.
- Project and Supervision/Coordination skills are also required.
- Broadcast or Media systems experience
- Cloud compute and/or storage experience
- This position requires the ability to lift 50Lbs and to climb ladders.
- The successful candidate will be required to be available to work varying Operations and Maintenance project driven schedules, nights and weekends including the ability to work overtime.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbjmjk-100-24-118-144-42 in your application.