Director, Program & Originals Marketing - Unscripted
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Paramount, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. Paramount brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news, and gaming!
Paramount+ is a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video-on-demand and live streaming service. Paramount+ gives subscribers the ability to watch more than 30,000 episodes and movies on demand – including exclusive original series, current and past seasons of hit shows from the CBS Television Network, and growing libraries from brands across the Paramount portfolio including BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Smithsonian and more, as well as a wealth of films and series from Paramount. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Digital's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
The Content Strategy & Programming team leads the digital brand health of Paramount+ programming and its content across the service. We connect various cross-functional teams including production, product, PR, distribution, social, creative and marketing teams to protect and project the essence of our programming across consumer touchpoints, in addition to ensuring content launches across all platforms successfully in discoverable manners.
Our team is looking for a VP of Editorial Programming that will lead all aspects of Paramount+ editorial curation and merchandising for Original Series and library content, including brand partnerships with CBS, MTV, VH1, Comedy Central, BET, and CMT! The candidate will work closely across Paramount+ teams to drive a merchandising calendar, while working closely with Product on opportunities to improve discoverability and incorporate performance data and takeaways into the merchandising and editorial strategy. The role will include direct reports on the Content Strategy team with focuses across key genres, such as Kids & Family, Reality, Documentary, Drama, Comedy, Music, Movies and Adult Animation and more.
• Build and run lead on the execution of the P+ Merchandising Calendar
• Lead the asset lifecycle of content discoverability and editorial for Paramount branded shows
• Help to set go to market editorial plans for new and renewed show launches, working alongside the key genre leads on the team
• Partner with key Product counterparts on content discoverability and improved opportunities within the service to evolve the content experience
• Communicate performance and data trends with teams for brands content
• Coordinate merchandising and editorial priorities with comms, social strategy and marketing
• Understand and drive communication around metrics tied to editorial and merchandising strategies across the service
• Partner with marketing on all Go To Market and Producer decks showcasing how P+ content comes to life within the service
• Work with sales and integrated marketing teams to build, package and carryout sponsor features tied to shows
• Procure all necessary approvals and clearances to perform promotional and/or content plans
• Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Oversee and implement the P+ merchandising calendar with all teams
• Lead planning, in partnership with marketing, on key editorial priorities
• Develop Collections strategy tied to key tentpoles and cultural moments throughout the year
• 8+ years in a strategic marketing, planning or content development role for streaming services, television, feature film or interactive media
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• Proven success collaborating with cross-functional teams to handle complex projects across diverse groups or organizations
• Excellent multi-tasking and project management skills with strong attention to detail
• A self-starter, entrepreneurial demeanor who can balance multiple tasks with limited support staff
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, particularly with senior executives and external partners
• Strong leadership skills and experience leading a team
• Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
You might also have -
• Subscription VOD service experience
• Ability to easily interact and interact with television production personnel
• Diverse experience and skills across creative, project management, product and data/metrics
• Experience using Asana, Jira, project management tools
• Comfort leading various projects at once in a rapid environment
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv58w7-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.