Video Production Manager, SVOD (Movies)
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Who we are
We are the Video Operations and Digital Streaming team, responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms for CBS Digital & Paramount+ applications and sites. We are also responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day!
What we're looking for
We are seeking an influential individual to lead the daily SVOD processing and packaging of Paramount+ and CBS Digital content for delivery to our Channels partners. If you're a quick problem solver and leader that can manage various workstreams, this role is for you! You will focus on task delegation, and workflow processes, and be a liaison between Operations and Partnership teams to ensure that we meet all service level agreements.
• Facilitate and maintain parity between our direct-to-consumer subscription, Paramount+, and across our SVOD Channel partners (Roku & YouTube)
• Keep the team on track or ahead of schedule - trafficking sources/assets, inspecting/ checking inbound files, and approving metadata from manual to automated processes
• Be the first point of escalation for all deliveries and troubleshooting needs
• Implement directives from Partnership teams and collaborate with Operation Managers to prioritize and schedule shared resources.
• Use and implement sign-offs in the work order system and accurately record weekly/monthly asset refreshes.
• Bachelor's degree OR equivalent experience in Video Production or Operations.
• Video Production Management - has led (or is able to lead) a team that creates and distributes digital video products with ultra-short turnaround times. Knowledge of video encoding specifications and a basic understanding current OTT landscape, apps, and digital media
• G Suite experience (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc)
• Flexible about working hours - Swing and/or Weekend shifts and be available during tentpole events.
• Leadership Skills – excellent communication, partnership across teams with varied strengths, leads by example, provides direction and feedback, motivates, and provides support
• Enthusiasm and curiosity about TV/Film/Digital Media
• Adobe Premiere Editing Suites experience
• Knowledge of MAC-CAPTION, Telestream/Vantage, GCP/AWS, MPX
• Familiarity with controls in a CMS tool for online publishing
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0ek7j-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.