Technical Project Manager / Scrum Master (Remote Job)
*This is a Remote job opportunity*
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
The Technical Project Manager reports into the Advanced Technology PMO organization and will be servicing the needs of the Data Technology business unit. Our team is responsible for data pipelines, data warehousing, infrastructure, research, digital and linear ad sales, audience and marketing data, as well as business intelligence.
This is a meaningful role as a driving force for aiding teams to use Scrum best practices and adapting to our environment, team organization, products and services. Working in close collaboration with the department workstream Team Leaders, who has responsibility for ownership of the developer resources, and responsible for mentoring the development team to self-organize and build high-value products, and remove impediments to progress.
The Project Manager will be managing delivery of complex data centric software development projects, identifying dependencies, tracking milestones, communicating with stakeholders and assisting in delivering value to the strategic direction.
• Serve as scrum master for multiple teams. Own and facilitate Agile ceremonies using standard methodologies, but flexible to balance teams optimal style of working.
• Provides mentoring around Agile frameworks & methodologies to prompt predictability and delivering value.
• Utilize traditional project management approaches where appropriate, to improve identifying dependencies, accomplishments, and reporting.
• Identifies, tracks, and removes/resolves impediments for feature/project and team success.
• Tracks and reports key project metrics & efficiency.
• Shields the team from outside ''noise'' or distractions that prohibit them from being successful.
• Learns, understands, and actively uses project management & ticket tracking software to positively manage the team's backlog and sprint-committed items.
• Assists team with Sprint planning, story point/estimations, retrospectives, improving velocity and identifying other opportunities to improve team performance.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in the role
• Experience working with fast paced data technology software development teams
• Experience with Agile project management in a well-established, high-performing Agile software development environment supporting multiple Scrum teams
• Strong knowledge of Scrum and other Agile frameworks and software engineering practices
• Comfortable leading business and technology in vetting technical options
• Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned product or service area and facilitate resolution of technical needs as they arise
• Certified Scrum Master and additional Agile certifications, preferably scaled Agile strongly desired
• Experience driving initiatives within a media company and/or in an online consumer-facing business environment preferred
• Expertise with Atlassian Jira and Confluence (or equivalent) products to manage requirements, Sprint planning, Sprint boards, product backlog and release management.
• Proficiency with an organization that tracks OKRs and maps those to project level work.
• Experience in the Media & Entertainment industry.
• Bachelor's degree, in a technical related field.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d818kk-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.