Technical Project Manager
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
The Marketing, Data, & Operations organization plays a central role for Paramount+ and is responsible for Consumer & Growth Marketing, Data & Insights and Business Operations across the free and pay streaming markets.
The Central Project Management Office (PMO) serves as the throughline of the data org, supporting the organization's diverse functions and touch points into Paramount+ and Pluto TV. We are at the cross-section of several functions, including Consumer & Creative Marketing, Marketing Production, Content Strategy, Data & Insights group, Content, Business and Ad Operations, Podcasts, Marketing Acquisitions & Campaign Services, Audience Strategy & Search and more!
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager who can handle highly complex projects in a fast-paced environment by applying precision tracking, initiative, and creativity for Paramount+ International's Data and Insights group. This role is looking for someone who understands technical aspects of site, product, and data tools development across platforms including desktop, mobile, connected devices, and gaming consoles. You will work with cross-functional teams including Project Management, Business Intelligence, Data Products, Consumer Products, Ad Ops, Marketing, Video Technology and the leadership teams.
• Lead the complete development lifecycle for multiple concurrent projects, including prioritization and scheduling, quality assurance, and deployments.
• Organize the workflow of Tracking Engineers, Product Managers, Developers and Marketing Managers to deliver tracking solutions, specifications and testing on schedule, within budget and to the highest quality possible.
• Facilitate the gathering and documentation of requirements, translating into project plans with specific deliverables and outcomes, and work with team leads to assign individual responsibilities.
• Facilitate and support execution of project plans and deliverables, and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Effectively apply Paramount+'s development methodology and implement project standards.
• Minimize exposure on projects by clearly communicating potential risks at every stage.
• Create and ensure completion of project documents that remain current and organized.
• Take ownership of project scope, risks and issues, driving them to resolution in a timely fashion.
• Integrate with the business while driving inter-BU/Site projects with teammates across the organization.
• Handle Jira queue for the Measurement Operations Team, shepherding team resources and effectively prioritizing.
• Build relationships with collaborators across the DIG team and external organizations.
• BA/ BS in Business, Communications, Engineering or related field required or equivalent experience. Technical background required.
• 2+ years' experience in technology project management with a solid understanding of SDLC (Agile & Waterfall). Experience in leading a large scale Application and/or vendor based solution provider of enterprise technology.
• 2+ years working with engineering teams
• 2+ years using Agile product development methodologies.
• 1+ years using task management solutions (Jira, Confluence, Asana, @Task, ServiceNow)
• Must be skilled at driving projects from inception to launch, including resource allocation, scheduling, risk management, and rollout and have a working knowledge of digital media.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams and coordinating release schedules
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated, creative, deadline enthusiastic, relentless about effective communication and delivering quality results required.
• The candidate must hold themselves accountable for the success of the project, drive prioritization, and manage change control effectively based on shifting priorities or urgent deadlines with optimal solutions.
• Passion for and knowledge of interactive technology and platforms required.
• Experience working with projects involving analytics and Martech tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Kochava, Branch, etc.) is a plus
• Experience working in a media entertainment environment with multiple partners and distributed teams.
• Experience building effective relationships to get results.
• PMP, PMI-ACP or Certified ScrumMaster certification
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d822zq-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.
BET Networks is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa.