Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Paramount Streaming is a global leader in premium streaming services with premiere content across CBS, BET, MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Smithsonian, Paramount Pictures and Epix. As a member of the Paramount+ product team, you'll build a world-class product experience that puts their customers first -- using data, experimentation and user research to improve their products and grow the business.
The team is looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager focused on supporting the delivery of live TV & video features on Paramount+.
The role will be heavily cross-functional and involve working closely with product, engineering, design and other stakeholders to define and collect functional and non-functional requirements that will deliver innovative and entertaining experiences that attract, delight and keep customers.
Responsible for examining features across all stages of the development pipeline and putting the puzzle pieces together to recommend solutions and implementation plans to bring paper requirements to life on screen.
• Work on creating a best in class Live TV and video playback experience for P+ users
• Partner with other Product Owners, Project/Scrum Management, Front-end Developers, Back-end Engineers/Architects & Quality Assurance teams by developing highly-technical user stories, requirements & acceptance criteria for new features, and work to refine with our scrum teams.
• Work with the Product and Development organizations solving tough issues that are presented through the development cycle.
• Review deliverables from the developers and evaluate success based on product-specified acceptance criteria.
• Ensure that technical documentation and implementation details are properly communicated throughout the relevant organization.
• Support complex data/systems structures & software in a release-train model.
• Conduct A/B tests to iterate on new or existing features
• Maintain a roadmap and regularly review with stakeholders and partners
• Use quantitative and qualitative data to become knowledgeable about the customer, their habits, and their needs
• Support strategic discussions on the future direction of the product and user experience
• Manage cross-functional relationships and work through competing priorities with ease
• Operate both independently and as part of a broader team; juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
• Work to meet agreed upon time frames / target dates with the scrum team and PMO partners
• Additional other duties as assigned
What you bring to the team:
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in any of a technical product manager / developer / solution architect / or Partner/Sales/Solutions Engineer type role in a consumer-facing industry
• Technical degree or related technical work experience
• Solid experience communicating to technical and business audiences
• Must have knowledge of modern development technologies
• Should be able to draft detailed product requirements for user stories, creating high-level architecture diagrams and providing clear implementation documentation
• Good communicator who is able to speak to team members of all levels
• Passion about creating best-in-class user experiences
• Comfortable analyzing data and presenting to stakeholders
You may also have:
• Experience with consumer-facing native app development across multiple device platforms
• Knowledge of video streaming technologies, video metadata and video CMS platforms
• Experience rolling out and scaling user-facing features across multiple countries / regions
• Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and tooling (Jira, confluence, etc)
• Experience defining, developing, and managing experiments for A/B testing or user testing
• You geek out about all things streaming technology and entertainment
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn940o-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.