Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Job Posting Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Department: Media Distribution Platform (Summit)
Paramount Plus is developing the next generation of multimedia and cross-platform entertainment. The team at Paramount Plus values software which exemplifies simplicity of design, maintainability and foundational robustness. You will join the Summit team which maintains and develops a set of applications which power the Paramount Plus live streaming service and distribute data to external streaming partners.
We are seeking a high-impact software engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will embrace our design precepts and will be a collaborative teammate able to communicate their ideas with colleagues and management. In this role you will be involved in creating and improving our live-streaming management, syndication and distribution systems, build integrations with new internal and external platforms, and create new APIs and services to meet our business needs.
• Design, modify, and develop software applications, APIs, database schemas, and system integrations
• Participate in full-stack development (Java 17, Spring, REST, Hazelcast, Postgres)
• Participate in full life-cycle development (groom tickets, write code, write unit tests, work with QA for additional testing, etc.)
• Gather technical requirements and propose solutions to address business needs
• Participate in product innovation and be accountable for contributing in a major way to infrastructure improvements, product innovation and direction
• Building and improving the back-end of an internal tool to run the catalog metadata, as well as the provisioning and running, of live streams
• Providing API endpoints for the front-end of our live content management system
• Building integrations between our live stream management system and our general media asset management and distribution systems
• Building real-time sharing of live stream status changes to both partners and internal customers
• Creating new APIs, features and services for P+, P+ International and CBS.com
• Building new tools for managing our APIs, features, services and partnerships
• Optimizing our applications for cloud computing and distributed computing including providing monitoring and observability hooks
What you bring to the team:
You have –
• BS Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical degree, or equivalent professional experience
• 5+ years of programming experience
• Proven technical skill and experience across related technologies (Java, Spring, REST, SQL)
• OOP design and development experience
• Proven track record of leading projects
• Proven success developing and maintaining mission critical systems
• Experience in working off functional specifications, or translating user stories and/or functional specifications into workable technical specifications
You might also have –
• Experience building Web Services
• Experience with Cloud Computing (GCP, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
• Experience with Spring Boot, Spring Security, OAuth2, Hibernate, and Hazelcast
• Experience with Message Queueing or Pub/Sub systems
• Experience with Agile practices and Test Driven Development
• Experience with Git and GitHub
• Web development best practices
• Experience with Distributed Computing
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at Paramount Plus Streaming. Paramount Plus Streaming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Paramount Plus Streaming complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Hiring Salary Range: $135,000.00 - 160,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2pme2-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.