Paramount is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the US television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, Paramount provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Sr. Product Designer – Design Systems Manager
Pluto TV's Product Design team is currently looking for a designer to join us to manage our Venita design system. This designer will create and lead our design systems group with representatives from various platforms that host the Pluto TV service. The goal of this role is to improve the time to release, increase the quality of release, and increase user engagement .
The role will report to the Director of Product Design – Personalization and Engagement and may manage studio UX designer(s).
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Create and augment components within our shared Figma libraries as both a manager and an individual contributor.
• Guide the strategic thinking of the design system teams roadmap, process and goals.
• Create programs to educate designers on the usage of tools to help them implement their designs.
• Advocate for consistency among our experiences while keeping a delivery focused mindset.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to find the most efficient methods of solving user problems through astute implementation and considerate augmentation of the design system.
• Creating and maintaining version control and change logs of the design system.
• When implementing the system, facilitate communication and collaboration with cross-functional teams if scope or technical implementation challenges arise.
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
• Expert level understanding of using the Figma design tool in a team setting.
• At least two years of product design experience participating in creating and updating a design system used by multiple cross functional stakeholders.
• At least one year of experience filling a design system specialist role or holding a design systems guild position.
• Expert level knowledge of design systems and atomic design principles.
• Experience using a design system management tool like Zeroheight, Supernova.io or Design System Manager.
• Expert level knowledge of Figma.
Non essential, but appreciated experience:
• Prior experience participating in the management of a design system which supports connected TV devices in addition to mobile, tablet, and desktop web devices.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv56vj-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.