Full Time Job
Sr Manager, Overnight Live Event Streaming
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Firstly, who is 10 ViacomCBS?
10 ViacomCBS Australia & New Zealand is a division of ViacomCBS International Networks – which in turn is a division of ViacomCBS. ViacomCBS is a global media and entertainment organisation with some of the best known and loved brands in the world, employing 1,500+ employees in A/NZ and 15,000+ globally. We deliver content that is premium and differentiated to the young and young at heart in the way they want it via an enhanced viewing ecosystem.
We create content that gets people talking. What's more, you'll find all those great shows (and more) on our free-to-air channels (10, 10 Peach, 10 Shake and 10 Bold), subscription channels (MTV, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. and Comedy Central), our digital platform 10 Play and subscription video on demand service Paramount+.
Next, what is the Brand/Division Overview:
Paramount+ is a fast-growing streaming platform, offering services across web, mobile, and OTT devices. When Paramount+ was launched, it became the first broadcast company to create a paid service without partnering with a paid cable provider. In short, we broke new ground in the industry by providing robust, interactive services with unprecedented access to local content.
At the same time, we built an innovative and exciting work environment to inspire and reward the cutting-edge ideas, creativity, and technical/operational expertise of our managers and employees. This Video Operations team is responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content that is streamed on over 15 platforms.
Here's just a few reasons why 92% of our employees will recommend 10 ViacomCBS to a friend:
• Broadcast Media is one of the most sought-after industries, even more so in the current economic climate
• Global Reach, the only Australian free-to-air network that offers global collaboration & opportunities
• Additional Leave options
• Parental Leave (14 weeks paid leave to parents who have been with the business for 12 months)
• Learning & Development (including study support, our Propel Program and LinkedIn Learning access)
• Career Opportunities (mentoring programs and robust internal promotion policies)
• Reward & Recognition Programs
• Subscriptions to Paramount+, MTV Play & Noggin
• Discounts from the likes of Apple, LG, Microsoft, JB-HIFI, BMW, Audi and Mazda
• Tickets including Australia's A League, or maybe you'd enjoy being in the audience to watch your favourite shows?
• Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Action Plan and RAP (Reconciliation Action Plan) Australian leader in D,E&I across the commercial media industry
• Top 100 Global Workplaces with The Best D&I Initiatives (Mogul, 2021)
• Health (corporate rates with gyms, health clubs, aquatic centres, HCF & Weight Watchers)
• Mental Health (EAP, also including Thrive and Headspace apps)
• Remote/Flexible working arrangements
Paramount+ is seeking a Senior Manager of Overnight Live Events Streaming to manage the growing list of international live streaming operations around Paramount+.
The ideal candidate will create procedures and best practices to support our business and products, all while solving complex business challenges focused on the growing live TV on CBS All Access. The ability to develop, own, and report on key performance metrics is critical with the ability to discern priority and focus resources where necessary. You will be self-motivated with a deep understanding of Media and Entertainment, specifically in Supply Chains supporting Broadcast and Digital, Broadcast and Media Operations, and OTT Delivery.
More specifically, you'll be doing things like this:
• Manage overnight live TV events, such as, soccer, mixed martial arts, hockey and other interims of workflows and operations for Paramount+ products
• Execute a live streaming roadmap to scale the existing services, as well as continuously look for ways to improve processes and increase velocity and quality of output
• Manage international event operations for Paramount+ from scheduling to publishing.
• Manage and improve ''eyes-on-glass'' dashboards related to video service and delivery
• Fix, troubleshoot, and debug any live TV streaming issues on Paramount+ and provide root cause analyses for all major issues
• Support internal and third party engineering teams to assure projects get done on time
• Assist in rolling out DRM across all stations and live tv workflows
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Lead live streaming initiatives within Paramount+, including but not limited to multi DRM platforms, live TV and live streaming events distribution
• Establish and grow the existing workflows for live streaming events, both during the pandemic and after, in order to develop or improve it
• Improve and grow the current Paramount+ Live TV channels offers, in terms of availability, delivery quality and reach
What are we looking for? What's essential?
• 4+ years in live TV or streaming operations roles, including Live events
• 3+ years in customer facing roles in the field of video broadcasting
• Must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, detail-oriented and innovative
• Strong knowledge of live streaming protocols such as HLS and DASH
• Extensive knowledge of live streaming workflows, from sourcing, processing, delivering and engaging from the live event origin all the way to Paramount+ clients
• Experience with video engineering is a plus
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, media or similar fields preferred
Our company values inform our thoughts, words, and actions:
• Optimism & Determination
• Inclusivity & Collaboration
• Agility & Adaptability
At 10 ViacomCBS, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the recruitment process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence.
Please know that we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us. Your ability to demonstrate that you have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, and experience to perform in this role is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done, and how you did it.
However you identify, and whatever your background may be, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day! We embrace difference and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds regardless of factors such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property or birth. These grounds also include age, nationality, marital status, disability, place of residence and sexual orientation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxo7bo-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.