Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Senior Software Engineer, Web Platform
The ideal candidate for this role is an expert in web development technologies and methodologies. You will join a fast-paced, cross-functional Agile team building highly optimized web experiences. The position is responsible for the technical design, development, and implementation of high-quality solutions for high-traffic, consumer-facing websites and helping to develop the skillsets/knowledge of more junior members of the team.
• Collaborate with product managers, designers, and your team to build interactive features.
• Proactively improve the overall quality, performance, and stability of the codebase.
• Collaborate productively and respectfully with your team to make technology recommendations based on research and knowledge.
• Participate in Code Reviews where you will be giving and receiving feedback.
• Be part of support teams and perform root cause analysis.
• Work with a group of developers of various experience levels.
• Mentor junior engineers and help new engineers onboard.
What you bring to the team:
• 5+ years of hands-on professional experience building and deploying web solutions.
• Expert understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, design patterns, and data structures.
• Expert knowledge and passion for client-side web technologies.
• Expert understanding of CSS, its best practices and performance tuning.
• Expertise building, deploying, and debugging Node.js applications.
• Expertise with Git, rebasing, branching strategies, and pull requests.
You might also have:
• Experience with unit testing methodologies, frameworks, and software/tools.
• Experience writing code using a functional programming approach.
• Experience with working on a CI/CD workflow process.
• Familiar with Scrum and Kanban Agile software development methodologies.
• Prior experience with adaptive video streaming technologies, digital advertising platforms, web analytics integration.
• You participate and have had success in hackathons.
• You contribute to open source.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34774-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.