Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Paramount Streaming, a division of Paramount Global, leads all aspects of the company's streaming technology and is comprised of world-renowned direct-to-consumer services across free, premium and pay including, Pluto TV, the top tier free streaming television service in America with 250+ live and original channels, and Paramount+, a subscription service that combines breaking news, live sports, and premium entertainment!
The Paramount Streaming ecosystem also includes award-winning news services such as CBS News 24/7 digital streaming news service; CBS Sports HQ, the 24/7 streaming sports news network.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in crafting, building, and supporting high-performance and scalable frontend components with a focus on Google Chromecast platform integration for Paramount+/CBS and Paramount+ International properties. The successful candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams, including product, design, quality assurance, frontend and backend engineering, video operations, and site reliability engineering teams, to ensure seamless deployment and operation of the Chromecast Receiver Microservice.
• Design, build, and support high-performance and scalable frontend components for Google Chromecast platform.
• Develop and optimize high-performance services.
• Contribute technical expertise to the team.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build, deploy, and maintain the Chromecast Receiver Microservice.
• Work closely with Desktop, iOS, and Android client teams to ensure uninterrupted Chromecast service for users.
• Help establish and maintain good engineering processes and practices.
• Stay up-to-date with new technologies and continuously innovate.
• Participate in all phases of software development using the SAFe Agile methodology.
• In collaboration with members of the Chromecast Platform Team, design, architect, build, maintain, optimize, and document new and eproduct features of the Chromecast Receiver Microservice application.
• Optimize and maintain Chromecast Receiver release pipeline.
• Manage and optimize Chromecast Receiver application dependencies.
• Design and develop unit and feature tests.
• Refactor and maintain the Chromecast Desktop Sender project.
• Actively participate in troubleshooting and resolution of bugs reported by QA and customer service.
• A minimum of 5+ years of experience in web application development.
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• A deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design, data structures, and algorithms.
• Strong knowledge of web application development and best practices.
• Experience developing responsive websites.
• Strong knowledge of HTML DOM and Event APIs.
• Solid experience with Git and GitHub.
• Working knowledge of JEST unit testing framework.
• Strong knowledge of Docker and CI/CD tools.
• Excellent communication and self-management skills.
If you are a talented software engineer with a passion for designing, building, and maintaining high-performance and scalable frontend components, we would love to hear from you!
Hiring Salary Range: $135,000.00 - 160,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5oyn3-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.