Senior Software Engineer (REMOTE)
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Job Posting Title: Senior Software Engineer Video Infrastructure
Department: CBS Sports.com Technology
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL - WFH
CBS Sports, a year-round leader in cross-platform sports coverage, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including THE NFL ON CBS; college football, including the SEC ON CBS; college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; soccer, including the UEFA Champions League and NWSL; and CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports which televises live sports programming throughout the year, including college football and basketball games, UEFA Champions League and Europa League action, Italy's Serie A matches, Concacaf national team competitions, as well as a full slate of original programming and studio coverage.
CBS Sports also delivers an extensive lineup of global soccer coverage on Paramount+, including every UEFA club competition match, all Serie A matches as well as Concacaf national team competitions, and produces INSIDE THE NFL for Paramount+. CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; the 24/7 streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
CBSSports.com is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer for our CBSSports.com engineering team. You will be an integral part of streaming the biggest sporting events in the world. To be successful at this job, you need to bring a winning attitude, technical coding skills, and an excellent work ethic.
• Develop new business-led features with an emphasis on full stack video functionality
• Write APIs to extend and enhance the CBSSports.com live streaming infrastructure
• Write React applications to allow data entry into the backend APIs
• Deploy periodic site updates to QA, stage, and production environments
• Perform code reviews with other engineers
What you bring to the team:
• Experience with NodeJS, Express, GraphQL or other back end frameworks
• Experience building AWS infrastructure such as: cloudfront, Cognito, S3, Codedeploy, Lambda
• Experience with unit testing frameworks such as Jasmine, Mocha, JEST
• Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
• BS Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical degree, or certifications
• 3+ years of Software Engineering experience building complex systems
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9xkom-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.