Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
The Paramount+ team is responsible for servicing ViacomCBS's premium online content around the world. We're home to best-in-class original shows (Star Trek: Picard, Star Trek Discovery, The Good Fight, Twilight Zone) and also help millions of viewers consume and enjoy content across all of ViacomCBS's global brands (such as Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Smithsonian, MTV, BET, etc).
Paramount is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to become one of the core contributors that helps power the backend services for Paramount+. We're a team that values software that exemplifies simplicity of design, maintainability, extensibility, and foundational robustness. The right candidate is able to work in a fast-paced environment and has a strong grasp of groundbreaking languages and technologies. Ideally you will reside within commuting distance of our San Francisco office for occasional onsite work. Fully remote candidates will also be considered.
- Design, build, and support high performance, scalable, and innovative backend systems/services
- Develop backend APIs, implement system instrumentation, and provide documentation
- Work closely with other engineers and product management teams to meet fixed deadlines
- Work in all phases of a rapid product development lifecycle
- Help ensure team engineering standards are kept throughout the team
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solve product challenges
- Ensure code quality and maintainability with evolving architecture and tech stack
- Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Migrate our API services/systems to cloud infrastructures and software
- Find smarter ways to serve our content, whether algorithmically or via machine learning
- Discover reliable ways to handle, retrieve, store, and secure our data around the globe
• 5+ years product software development
• Confirmed Java, Linux, Shell scripting, Python ability
• Experience with Spring/Spring Boot
• Hands on experience and expertise in object oriented design methodology and application development using JAVA/J2EE, Design Patterns, SQL , or Webservices
• Strong communication skills
• Deep understanding of computer science fundamentals , data structures, and algorithms
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience with RDBMs
• Experience with NoSQL solutions
• Experience with Search Technologies
• Experience with Distributed Systems (both in system design and data storage)
• Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, cloud environments (GCP, AWS, etc.) a plus
• Working knowledge of build tools a plus
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxvjqz-3-238-204-167-42 in your application.