Senior Manager, Contract Management, Business & Legal Affairs, BET
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA; PARAA), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET's growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.
Overview and Responsibilities
The Senior Manager of Contract Management provides day-to-day support to the BET Business and Legal Affairs team across all of the BET-branded platforms and businesses with a focus on live event, tent pole and music programming.
• Drafting, negotiating and tracking development and production-related agreements (e.g., submission releases; non-disclosure agreements; producer, production services and talent agreements; consultant and vendor deals; appearance, venue and location releases; clip licenses, etc.) as well as similar universe of standardized contracts relating to digital, promotional and marketing content.
• Counseling in-house client groups on a variety of legal issues and corporate policies that may arise in connection with production, marketing, promotion, advertising and sponsorships and handling corporate compliance with Paramount and BET Networks policies and procedures.
• Reviewing and approving legal contracts for execution by production and/or management.
• Reading, interpreting, analyzing and/or summarizing contracts and responding to rights and other contractual inquiries. Reviewing programming, clips and other footage for rights clearance purposes.
• Leading all aspects of contract administration and compliance; tracking rights and options and managing programming and departmental status charts and reports.
• Advising and communicating with various other departments regarding exploitation of programming across all media platforms.
• Implementation and execution of risk management strategies and business/corporate policies.
• Performing other day-to-day contract management and business affairs-related tasks as needed and assigned by senior contract managers and business/legal affairs executives in the department.
• At least 5 years of contract management experience is preferable.
• At least 3 years of entertainment industry experience desired (including law firm experience and/or experience in a business and/or legal affairs department at a major entertainment company, studio or network).
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Paralegal certificate is a plus, but not required.
• Familiarity and working knowledge of entertainment industry business and practices, including forms, contracts, procedures and processes.
• Ability to read, interpret and analyze entertainment contracts and accurately respond to rights and other contractual inquiries.
• Proven ability to draft various forms of customary entertainment contracts (e.g., production, marketing, promotion and digital agreements) and negotiate with third parties within the company's established parameters.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and the ability to proactively collaborate with client group members; ability to build strong internal relationships, effectively advise internal teams under conditions of uncertainty, pressure and/or risk and generate strong client satisfaction
• Adept at using and managing workflow and contract management software and processes.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail coupled with the ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and with a cooperative, collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability working with all types of personalities and work styles.
• The ideal candidate will be organized, self-motivated, diplomatic, resourceful and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Track record of exercising solid business judgment, maintaining confidentiality, meeting deadlines and working independently
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g620n9-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.