Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Scope of Job: This role involves working closely with Software Developers which includes using shift-left methods to understand a complex domain and product. The SDET focuses on chipping into the development of automated Functional component tests, Integration tests, and end-to-end tests through open-source test frameworks for overall system testing within an Agile environment. The SDET understands the user and process requirements and is able to ensure those requirements can be achieved through high-quality work.
• 8 + years in IT with expertise in test automation of applications from UI and API layer
• Crafting and running Postman collection runs for testing APIs
• Knowledge in OOPs languages like Java, C# and scripting languages like Python, Perl, Shell, Bash etc.
• Experience with API and Microservices testing and automation
• SME in Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) with a testing framework like Cucumber and JBehave
• Skills in querying languages such SQL (preferred), Oracle, MySQL and/or No SQL databases (Yugabyte )
• Deploying applications in AWS or GCP (Kubernetes)
• Able to automate backend REST services including writing custom functions using tools (Postman, REST Assured, Ready API, etc.)
• Working with distributed agile teams using agile frameworks such as SCRUM, SAFe, XP, etc.
• Continuous integration tools experience using Jenkins, Circle CI
• Building and maintaining automation test jobs using Jenkins
• Working with source code management tools (GitLab, GitHub)
• Building test reports from automation test run using Cucumber report, Extent report, etc.
• Experience in working with various AWS cloud services such as EC2, s3 bucket, AWS code pipeline, CloudFormation, etc.
• Skills in test management and agile management tools (JIRA, Confluence, TestRail, etc.)
• Hands-on expertise in container orchestration tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, RED Hat OpenShift, AWS CloudFormation.
• Knowledge in non-functional testing such as performance, load, stress, security, accessibility, usability testing, database experience (SQl, nosql, yugabyte)
• BA/BS in computer science or related technical field.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g32b4x-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.