Release Manager / Technical PM (Remote)
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
We are the PMO Paramount Streaming, that boasts unparalleled insight into transforming Agile Teams at Scale. Our program managers, release managers, project managers and scrum masters bring passion to iterative delivery and process while keeping our eyes on the goal and motivating one another to do the same!
Currently looking for a release project manager with both release/deployment and project management sensibilities for Paramount+ software development teams. You are an expert at managing our active release schedule across all our Web platforms and Backend/API, who can not only lend a technical hand at deployments, but be a strong communicator and 'wrangler', scheduling and communicating upcoming releases across multiple projects.
Your Day To Day:
You will work daily alongside multiple stakeholders across the globe to 'tame' the release schedules into a predictable release 'train', and have the finesse to speak with partners across Product, Engineering, Customer Support and Marketing to share our amazing features that are launching in each release.
• Own the release management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating, and managing releases across Web platforms and Backend services.
• Support Global teams across different time zones.
• Work with project management, product owners, QA leads and tech leads to align release dates across multiple projects based on an agile Sprint & Ship methodology, spearheading a strong, predictable, release strategy managing Release Trains across our platforms, and managing all releases within our Program Increment.
• Work with Product, Engineering and various stakeholders to prioritize and coordinate upcoming releases in a coordinated manner, ensuring the overall success of the projects to market.
• Keep a Weekly Release Calendar of implementation phases / events to ensure plans can accommodate realistic schedules / avoid conflict and provide accurate reports on major activities.
• Own the Release Process Strategy, evangelize any and all best practices specific to release management, coordinating documenting and rolling out new release and delivery processes.
• Manage the release path for each Platform release across multiple teams (Scrum of Scrum) to coordinate the platform releases working with cross-functional teams - Developers, QA, Product Owners, Project Management and other stakeholders.
• Own Go No/Go Checkpoints leading up to releases - mitigate issues leading up to and during deployments - coordinate fixes where necessary.
• Track releases in Jira and Jira Portfolio, managing fix versions and other documentation
• Assure that releases / deployments run smoothly (make sure branches are tagged correctly, make sure versioning is correct, etc), working closely with dev ops engineers, and tech leads.
• Ensure releases are verified on production after deploys, to close all open tickets.
• Additional other duties as assigned.
• Own/Coordinate Store submissions with internal and external stakeholders.
• Project manage any release process improvements to support release agility
• CI/CD / microservices roadmap
• Automation testing roadmap
• Any future release frameworks
• Support our quarterly planning efforts by coordinating release trains across team-of-teams.
• Be an agile thought-leader, constantly improving how we deliver, championing a positive culture, fostering frequent agile release framework
What you bring to the team:
• At least 3+ years of the Agile Software Development Life Cycle, previously having been a ScrumMaster/PM.
• Strong communication and status sharing skills, and excellent listening skills.
• Proficiency in tools: Jira (Fix Version management and dashboards), Confluence, Google Suite, Slack - own / update release documentation, communicate information, create presentations when needed.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of release management on Kubernetes or Docker-based platforms, CI/CD workflows using Git and Jenkins, admin user on Jira.
• Technical problem solving and root cause analysis skills, also ability to run ''Post Mortems'' after one of those sticky problem releases.
• Ability to coordinate matrix teams across engineering and QA to effectively execute releases across multiple products/platforms.
• Must be able to multitask, be proactive, efficient, and resourceful to thrive in a creative and deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to coordinate and communicate with teams across different time zones between Europe and USA.
• Strong understanding of Engineering platforms and tools including but not limited to effective branching and merging strategies, pull requests, and code reviews using Bitbucket and GitHub.
• Release management experience across Web Applications.
• Experience in Agile SAFe, as a Release Train Engineer (RTE) or have been involved in PI Planning, coordinating multiple release trains across team-of-teams.
• Agile ScrumMaster certification and/or SAFe Agilist certification.
• Experience with Content Management Systems, Subscription or Membership sites, Publishing Systems, Digital Media sites development, video and/or knowledge of advertising concepts (traditional and/or online).
• Knowledge of responsive design experience on Web applications.
• Basic proficiency with standard development software (do not need to be able to code, but a general understanding of what each can do, etc.).
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1bm2x-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.