Quality Engineering Manager (Remote)
**This role is fully remote eligible**
Do you have an expert-level test engineering knowledge leader and thrive in a fast-paced, agile, hands-on, dynamic environment supporting many products on varied release cycles? This might the right role for you!
The Manager of Quality Engineering will lead all aspects of testing and monitoring activities across several software development teams and platforms. You will lead a distributed team that builds or improve existing testing scripts and tools that validate the functionality, usability, performance, scalability, and security, of our software. Test coverage and automation are essential in delivering high-quality products quickly to our consumers as code is continually integrated.
• Leadership: mentor, and work alongside test engineers to continuously improve testing strategies and processes
• Partnership: Work with product and project teams to develop test plans, test cases, and test execution. Partner with software engineering to design and develop tools that lead to higher efficiency.
• Communication: Effectively communicate complex and difficult information to technical and non-technical audiences. Operate in an agile software delivery methodology focused on testing new features within an iteration and providing near immediate feedback to engineers through test automation.
• QA: Assure alignment to established quality standards for software test development, integration, performance, and reporting. Have a ''Quality at Speed'' approach – the art of balancing the constant need of delivering new products while maintaining high quality. Oversee and perform load and performance testing. Conduct code reviews of test automation contributions.
• Operations: Assist in defining test tools and processes while using methodologies primarily based on automation. Help maintain the Paramount framework for various types of testing (functional, load/performance, security) on multiple platforms (web, iOS/Android, emerging platforms).
We believe the right person will possess the following...
• Strong leadership and knowledge of software quality practices: interacting with senior leadership and being the voice of change for improved strategic direction, dynamic content management system delivering content to various endpoints, object-oriented programming background
• Advanced to expert-level experience in test engineering: testing tools (Selenium, Webdriver, Junit, TestNG, Appium), performance testing tools (jMeter, LoadRunner) and continuous development tools (Jenkins, Bamboo)
• 5+ years or equivalent advanced experience in designing and working with test automation frameworks and developing automated test scripts (web, mobile & emerging technologies) specifically object-oriented frameworks
• Testing efforts around high-traffic websites/apps including live online events within an Agile Development environment experience
• 2+ years or ability to lead teams to define Quality processes specifically around test automation and interacting with dev/ops team regarding troubleshooting
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or a related field
• Cloud-based architectures and tools experience (AWS, Microsoft, Google)
• Working knowledge of information technology concepts, local and wide area networks, content delivery networks, database theory, and understanding of caching strategies
• Version control systems experience (svn, git, stash)
• Proxy tools knowledge (Charles, Fiddler, Httpwatch)
• Online advertising, research, and analytics tools experience streaming video experiences like HLS
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjw0vb-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.