Quality Engineer (Remote)
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Paramount streaming is the premier online content network for information and online operations of Paramount global as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business, and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtParamount through employee testimonials, office photos, and company updates!
The Video Technology team develops industry-leading online and mobile video delivery systems and IP for PlutoTV, Paramount+, CBS.com, CBSSports.com, CBS News, ShowTime, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and the entire suite of Paramount properties. Our team is responsible for the delivery of premium content to millions of people every day. We set company-wide video standards and help internal business units integrate the video delivery stack into their specific online products. Additionally, the team serves as the company's information resource on current and future trends in digital video. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in doing high-visibility, mission-critical work!
You'll be an integral part of the central Video Technology team working with other video QA and software engineers to build, test, and release video products performing video encoding, packaging, encryption and delivering to various application platforms including desktop, OTT and mobile devices. Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing QA test plans, troubleshooting and resolving video transcoding -delivery -playback issues. You will work closely with software engineers and product managers to test and release video products that will be distributed to all Paramount business units.
• Creating Test Strategies, Test Plan and performing test execution of encoding, packaging and delivery to different devices.
• Collaborating with engineers to investigate issues and provide both functional and technical root cause analysis.
• Documenting bugs thoroughly and monitor the resolution efforts in the Github
• Developing and maintaining automated testing solutions that improve the efficiency of quality assurance efforts against a range of platforms and products
• Reporting on the full testing suite for both manual and automated tests.
• Working in a fast paced environment and performing comprehensive QA operations proactively, timely and accurately.
• Working with customers and internal engineers to troubleshoot issues.
• Standardizing regression practices across application platforms.
• Bachelor in computer science or relevant work experience
• 1+ years proven experience working as a software QA engineer
• Experience developing pytest automated test framework(or similar) and familiarity with a range of automated test strategies.
• Good knowledge in Python(or similar object oriented programming)
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
• Experience working with AWS media services stack.
• Strong understanding of agile software development
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans, test cases and test scripts.
• Experience with H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9, AAC video and audio codec standards.
Nice to have
• Experience using Testrail,Github and Jira software.
• Worked with NewRelic or similar observability platform.
• Experience working on Kubernetes, Docker,Jenkins and cloud infrastructure like AWS
• Understanding of cloud based video streaming ecosystem
• Understanding of Ad insertion, encryption and advanced video features.
• Experience using ffmpeg, subjective and objective video/picture quality testing
• Experience using Android Studio ,XCode, Appium, Selenium and Charles Proxy.
• Experience with tvOS, iOS, Android, Tizen, Playstation, and Roku frameworks.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb5k6o-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.