Paramount + daily animated variety series TOONING OUT THE NEWS seeks Adobe Character Animator Puppet Animators. The series is NYC-based with a remote workflow currently. New York area candidates preferred.
This job posting for the applicant's primary role on the show. Please note: This is a fast-moving daily animated show and all hires are expected to take an animation generalist approach and be able to jump into one or more additional tasks such as rigging, lipsyncing, hand drawn animating, etc, if the needs arise.
TOONING OUT THE NEWS is a variety series featuring a cast of animated characters covering real-world events the same day they happen, and interviewing real-world guests and newsmakers.
Please provide a resume/CV and reel with application.
• Live puppet one character in a 20+ minute record and further edit within a few hours according to the style of the show
• With a team, clean up lipsync created using CH's auto generated tracks
• QC new puppets by stress testing their mocap responsiveness under different lighting and camera setups (provided)
• Continual mocap practice with preferred characters' puppets
• Learn one or more phase of the animation process using Adobe Character Animator and assist where needed
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Character Animator
• Previous experience using mocap to puppeteer a character a major plus
• Comfortable taking abstract direction on acting notes
• Able to keep still (seated) for extended periods and mirror body movement/position to desired character acting
• Strong eye for lipsync and pattern recognition in regards to movement
• Ability to work evenings
Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
Please provide a resume/CV and reel with application
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88o4x-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.