ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
Paramount+, the streaming service from ViacomCBS, is currently seeking a PR manager based in the New York office. This position will help drive the publicity efforts for original programming by leading day-to-day press relations, while also giving to the overall communications strategy for Paramount+'s current and upcoming slate.
Under direction of the Senior Manager, Communications, the PR Manager will coordinate responses to media requests, craft story angles and proactive pitches, develop media materials including press releases, talking points and other collateral, and support series and talent-focused events such as premieres and press junkets.
In addition, the PR manager will work closely with the Paramount+ and ViacomCBS Streaming Communications team and cross-functional internal teams. This role will also work with counterparts throughout the broader ViacomCBS Corporation, including its studio and entertainment functions.
• Pitch programming and related stories to trade and consumer press, lead incoming media requests, and develop close working relationships with members of the media.
• Help with organization of panels, satellite media tours, set visits, press junkets, screenings and special events (premieres, festivals, etc.).
• Cover talent press opportunities including interviews, press junkets and events.
• Assist in the development of crafting talking points, press releases, status reports, press lists and other materials.
• Partner with cross-functional teams such as marketing, social, international, studio and programming to ensure cohesive messaging and maximum exposure for Paramount+ Originals.
• Assist in handling award submissions, including coordinating entries, drafting copy and gathering supporting materials.
• Work with the photo team to help handle unit photography coverage.
• Develop innovative and ''out of the box'' ideas to support series launch campaigns.
• Lead pertinent materials on the Paramount + press site.
What you bring to the team;
You have -
• At least 3-4 years of hands-on media relations experience in the television/entertainment industry is needed, preferably with previous streaming publicity experience.
• Proven ability to build communication campaigns that align with business objectives.
• Creative ability to generate new story angles.
• Must have strong organizational skills.
• Work well with pressure, meet deadlines, and simultaneously handle multiple projects.
• Must be a strategic problem solver who is a dedicated and responsive teammate.
• Strong writing skills, computer proficiency and social-media savvy required.
• Bachelor's degree required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88129-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.