(Remote) Project Manager, Curation/Data Content
*This role is fully remote eligible*
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
We are the Project Management Office for ViacomCBS Streaming, a division of ViacomCBS, with a growing PMO team that highlights unparalleled insight into transforming Agile Teams at Scale. Our leaders and teams bring passion to iterative delivery and process while keeping our eyes on the goal and motivating one another to do the same!
Are you an experienced project manager or scrum master in curation and data content projects? If so, this job is for you! The PMO team is looking for an excellent communicator who thrives in ambiguity, takes initiative, and drives important content projects to the finish line in an iterative fashion. You will be assisting with the flow of work to ensure teams are working at full capacity and meeting deadlines. You have a keen eye for organization and attention to detail, you're a solution provider and a change agent that leads team priorities and multiple design and creative dependencies.
• Run two scrum or kanban teams made up of primarily content curators, in our curation team and metadata teams working on projects on our key properties: the CBS app and Paramount Plus
• Own the complete content life cycle for various projects: documentation, organization, prioritization and scheduling, quality reviews, partner sign-off, and risk management.
• Produce creative ideas on bringing non-development resources into an agile framework
• Lead initiatives ranging from content media management, and tracking content releases to production and coordination with cross-functional teams
• Run weekly or by-sprint and kanban planning and status meetings, unblocking the teams' impediments within the team and outside dependencies
• Plan and track tasks in Jira, and documentation on Confluence and Google Docs, and devise opportunities to improve team efficiency and track-ability
• Work with various teams such as marketing, content strategy, video operations, and various collaborators to prioritize and coordinate design and efforts for timely delivery
• Coach, facilitate, and start streamlined and beneficial Agile process methodologies for the production design and curation teams, driving process, and visibility, by conducting agile frameworks that can help designers do their best work.
• Communicate with the business around the team's health and project status not just for your own teams but supporting the PMO in reporting on all status weekly
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• 3+ years of multi-project/program management experience in fast-paced, technical (SDLC), and video production environments across CMS, Web, Mobile Applications, or OTT platforms
• Experience collaborating with Designers, Curation content managers, Creative Marketing and/or Video Operations teams, building agile methodology and processes from scratch
• High proficiency in tools and reporting: Jira (admin-level), Confluence, G Suite, and Slack
• Strong communication, proactivity, and efficient ability to thrive in a creative and fast-paced environment
• Experience coordinating and leading complex requests with strict deadlines
• BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience
• Scrum Master Certification
• Scaled Agile experience (Scrum, Kanban, backlog grooming, standups, sprint planning, sprint review, and retrospective)
• Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS), Subscription or Membership sites, Publishing Systems, Digital Media sites development, video streaming, and knowledge of advertising concepts
• Prior experience as a media producer or content manager
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy42qk-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.