Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA; PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, its portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the US television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, Paramount provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
This position is responsible for the release and platform team management activities within the Viacom CBS's Digital Org and alignment across each line of business: Entertainment AVOD, Kids AVOD, Entertainment SVOD and BVOD.
The Platform team's roadmap is the highest priority area of focus in the Owned and Operated (O&O) Digital area and has the biggest impact for the brands and their consumers (end to end). Within the very large scope of Platform are the Core Web Team, Core Apple Team, Core Android/Amazon Team, Core Roku Team as well as the WebPlex Connected TV Team. All teams work and maintain the core platform that supports the Viacom Streaming native apps and web platform digital products acrosse all ViacomCBS brands globally. The person in this role also provides program-level release and platform management support across multiple Agile technology teams in collaboration with the brands, ad sales, brand and corporate research, business development, content distribution, data strategy, and security.
The Program/Release Manager is responsible for working with Product Management, Engineering, and Technical leadership to facilitate the execution and adoption of services, solutions and products across the enterprise. This entails independently leading the complex, business critical activities that may involve integrating the work of multiple large teams.
The ideal candidate will provide strategic and tactical guidance to teams and Project Managers or Scrum Masters in ways that promote collaboration and coordination amid competing priorities. They will also drive activities within the program, leading to predictable, quality delivery of value. In addition, the Program Manager must be able to facilitate meetings and specific ceremonies, when applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate program-level ceremonies, processes, and overall execution of value delivery
• Proactively track and report on program initiatives, operations metrics, and budgets
• Identify and manage risks and impediments that affect program scope, schedule, and quality
• Manage dependencies within and across programs
• Collaborate with other Program Managers, Scrum Managers, and Project Managers to coordinate initiatives across multiple technology teams, from inception to delivery to consumer
• Facilitate the creation and maintenance of a program roadmap, in close collaboration with Product Management and various disciplines across the enterprise
• Facilitate cross-team scrum-of-scrums (where applicable)
• Act as liaison for the program to other programs and management
• Assist in fine-tuning process for cross-team communication, coordination of integration between systems, and related governance
• Manage projects (when applicable) and their interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence and integrity of the delivery
• Ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently
• Facilitate and production of high-level documentation around existing operational processes and proposed workflows within net new systems or optimized existing systems
• Frequently interact with a diverse group of executives, project managers, technology, and business sponsors
• Participate in extensive cross-organization collaboration, playing a crucial role in interfacing with end users and business stakeholders
• Manage relationships and deliverables from associated vendors (when applicable)
Additional Program Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate efforts in larger and more critical/complex programs and operational activities that involve integrating the work of multiple large teams
• Independently manage activities and resolve conflict within associated teams with minimal influence from management; work effectively with all levels of management and employees
• Mentor other Program Managers, Project Managers, and Scrum Masters (seen as having authoritative expertise and educating accordingly)
• Effortlessly sift through ''hoise'' and facilitate discussions and team activities with a laser focus towards results
• Scan external environment for best practices and collaborate with team(s) to implement shere applicable
• Leverage advanced project management skills to identify process gaps andintroduce innovative approaches that increase predictability and quality
• Strong understanding of associated domain (related technologies, processes, etc.)
• Contribute to defining the goals for the MTS Platform and Program Management departments
• 7+ years of experience in program/project management in a well-established, high-performing software development environment
• Strong knowledge of Agile frameworks and software engineering practices, as well as traditional project management approaches
• Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned project or service area and facilitate resolution of technical needs as they arise
• Comfortable and experienced in leading business and technology in vetting technical options
• Superb written and verbal communication, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills
• Certified Scrum Master certification, along with other Agile and traditional certifications (like CSPO, PMP) highly preferred
• Experience working in a media technology environment
• Experience working with teams that handle complex code integration among many teams
• Digital and linear media technologies including: video delivery, ad delivery, user authentication, content management systems, mobile applications, web sites, and how they integrate with existing technologis
• Experience working with software developers, technical and business management, department heads, proejct management, QA engineers, and other technology professionals
• Experience working with and managing cross-functional resources and vendors
• Experience producing advanced reports in Excel and other reporting tools
Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferred.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1byb0-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.