Is this the role for you?
The Program Manager has primary responsibility to plan, track, and deliver the projects to which they are assigned. They will identify key partners and help define the project objectives. The Program Manager manages projects according to Paramount-approved project frameworks, including both Agile and Waterfall project management approaches. They must be able to take an active senior leadership role in the team and create an environment that fosters the prescribed best practice methods and processes. Finally, the Program Manager must be able to identify issues proactively, resolve conflicts, escalate if necessary, and work across the organisation to complete the project.
The ideal candidate will partner with Program/Project Managers and/or Scrum Masters to promote collaboration and coordination amid competing priorities to ensure strategic and tactical product goals are delivered. They will also drive activities within the program, leading to predictable, quality delivery of value. In addition, the Program Manager must be able to effective at facilitating meetings and specific common waterfall and agile ceremonies.
What will you be doing?
• Understand primary partner program needs and establish/enhance practices to effectively deliver against those needs
• Excellence & ownership in program/project Delivery for multiple strategic priority initiatives
• Frequently interact with a diverse group of executives, project managers, technology, and business sponsors
• Facilitate program-level ceremonies, processes, and overall execution
• Proactively track and report on program initiatives, operations metrics, and budgets
• Identify and manage risks and impediments that affect program scope, schedule, and quality
• Manage dependencies and risks within and across programs
• Collaborate with Program/Project Managers & Scrum Masters to coordinate initiatives across multiple technology teams, from inception to delivery
• Facilitate the creation and maintenance of a program roadmap, in close collaboration with Product Management, Engineering and various disciplines across the enterprise
• Facilitate cross-team scrum-of-scrums, where applicable
• Act as liaison for the program to other programs and management
• Assist in fine-tuning framework for cross-team communication, coordination of integration among components, and related governance
• Leveraging planning tools, manage projects and their interdependencies to ensure landmark adherence and integrity of the delivery
• Manage multiple initiatives/projects concurrently (as needed)
• Facilitate the production of high-level documentation around existing operational processes and proposed workflows within net new systems or optimised existing systems
• Participate in extensive cross-organisation collaboration (e.g. quarterly planning), playing a crucial role in working with end users and business partners
• Manage relationships and deliverables from associated vendors (when applicable)
• Partners with Finance for reporting on program budget actuals/forecast & benefit realisation milestones
• Ensures clarity through centralised Reporting
• Focuses on removing Impediments/blockers and improving Delivery results
• Cross-Program Oversight & Interdependencies
• SOWs, Work Order – Initiation
Additional Program Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate efforts in larger and more critical/complex programs and operational activities that involve integrating the work of multiple large teams
• Independently manage activities and resolve conflict within associated teams with minimal influence from management; work effectively with all levels of management and employees
• Participate in knowledge sharing forums to encourage program and project delivery excellence
• Strong understanding of associated domain (related technologies, processes, etc.)
• Be an advocate for delivery excellence and challenge practices that impede quality
What are we looking for?
• Experience in program/project management and/or related Operational/Technical experience in a well-established, high-performing media/technology environment
• Strong knowledge of program/project Agile/Waterfall frameworks and delivery lifecycle practices
• Solid experience in appropriately managing risks, high-pressure projects and conflict resolution
• Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned product or service area and facilitate resolution of technical needs as they arise
• Comfortable and experienced in leading business and technology in vetting technical options
• Strong written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills
• PMgmt/Scrum Master certification, Agile and Waterfall certifications (like CSPO, PMP, PRINCE2) highly desirable
• Digital and linear media technologies including: broadcast playout and content transformation/workflow, scheduling systems, asset management systems, mobile applications, web sites, video delivery, and how they integrate with existing technologies
• OTT & Streaming experience and knowledge of associated business models
• Experience working with software developers, technical and business management, department heads, product management, QA engineers, and other technology professionals
• Experience working with and managing cross functional resources and vendors
• Solid experience using Excel, project governance tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) and program reporting tools
Unleash your potential in a place you belong!
At Paramount in London, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, Channel 5, Comedy Central and many more, reaching more than 3.8 billion subscribers in 180+ countries and territories, via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive and where our employees make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team!
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
97% of our recent hires would recommend us to their friends and family, so what are you waiting for?
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
• Optimism & Determination | We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
• Inclusivity & Collaboration | We embrace new and diverse voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
• Agility & Adaptability | We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next
At Paramount, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the m
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpyn70-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.