Program Manager | Global Live Events Curation (Remote)
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
We are the PMO for Paramount+ Streaming, which boasts unparalleled insight into transforming Agile Teams at Scale. Our program managers, release managers, project managers and scrum masters bring passion to iterative delivery and process while keeping our eyes on the goal and motivating one another to do the same!
Paramount+ is a global streaming service that is live in 25 markets and growing. The global Live Events Curation Program Manager will focus on the coordination, tracking and dependency management of live event deliverables for the Paramount+ streaming service for all current and future markets. They will partner with various teams such as Curation, Video Operations, Production Design, Marketing, Product, Engineering, and QA teams to set priorities and due dates for assets, metadata, and quality control around Live Events. They will help define, implement, and monitor processes regarding all things Live Events.
The program manager coordinates with internal teams to track and ensure Live Event content is ready to launch on Paramount+ streaming services. They assist in raising content-related issues/impediments that impact launches and timelines. Additionally, they manage quality control efforts for testing, updating stakeholders, logging platform and video-related issues and reporting.
Remote option available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Define deliverables schedule and oversee ongoing tracking: Set schedule to make sure production design and curation teams hit all deadlines for Business as Usual (BAU) as well as new market launches
• Coordinate with Paramount+ leads on all deliverables for Live Events: Work with leads in production design and curation to set priorities and deadlines for asset and metadata delivery, video programming and quality control
• Provide time-sensitive organizational updates: Produce weekly internal reports to be shared across teams
• Risk management: Assist with raising live event related issues/impediments that impact launch and refresh timelines, and partner with our video operations, product, and engineering teams to identify issues related Live Events and provide transparency/status
• Manage content quality control (QC) efforts for live event testing with new Features: Track QC testing progress, send daily summary reports to stakeholders on QC efforts, log any platform or feature-related issues in the right JIRA queues, track content programming completeness and provide reporting
• Facilitate growth opportunities: Coach team on Agile methodology as applicable
• 5+ years of experience in program/project management in a well-established, high-performing software development environment
• Strong knowledge of Agile frameworks and software engineering practices, as well as traditional project management approaches
• Experience working with Production Designers, Curation content managers, Creative Marketing and/or Video Operations teams, building agile methodology and process from scratch
• CMS / Content Delivery experience is preferred
• Proficiency in Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence) is a must and additionally should be able to run reports and track activities in spreadsheets
• Superb written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills
• Certified Scrum Master certification, along with other Agile and traditional certifications (like CSPO, PMP) highly preferred
• Digital and linear media technologies including: video delivery, content management systems, mobile applications, web sites, and how they integrate with existing technologies
• Experience working with software developers, technical and business management, department heads, product management, QA engineers, and other technology professionals
• Previous experience as a designer, media producer or content manager
• Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferred.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv52v0-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.