Production Manager - CBSSports.com Fantasy Sports Web and Sports App Production (Remote)
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Overview & Responsibilities:
CBS Sports Digital is seeking a digital savvy Production Manager to coordinate web and app production and data quality for CBSSports.com's Fantasy Games and Picks Games, and SportsLine.com's multi-platform product offerings. The ideal candidate will have a passion for and knowledge of all types of sports. This candidate will go above and beyond for events that include The NCAA Tournament, the Super Bowl, the NFL, and so much more.
This candidate will work closely with the product and engineering teams to schedule seasonal maintenance. Additionally, this candidate will lead all aspects of a team of data quality and production associates, who will be passionate about monitoring the site, fixing issues, prioritizing improvements to existing tools and products, powering and handling tentpole events through existing data tools and monitoring dashboards, and coordinate communication with outside vendors relating to operational and technical issues. This candidate will be required to focus on the small details that make products excellent, including the management of automated Fantasy articles, weather reports, and player management as each relates to our award-winning Fantasy games product!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Communicates with senior management to ensure it has up-to-date information at its fingertips with regard to site performance, data quality and operational support for full event coverage.
• Understands the national sports calendar and is responsible for and on top of live events on CBSSports.com Fantasy and SportsLine.com platforms.
• Works with our data science, product, design and engineering teams to generate original automated or manual data content, particularly where there are data gaps not provided by third-party vendors.
• Has a strong grasp of heightening procedures, and quickly assigns website and mobile app issues to the appropriate key internal and external collaborators.
• Handles and operates production-based tools that empower personnel to correct or delete information and data.
• Writes detailed requirements for tools and products that could empower them to efficiently calculate simple and complex site issues and problems.
• Coordinates to kick-off meetings and product reviews for sports and product initiatives with updates on operational support and data quality.
• Submit nightly reports on product issues.
• Provide full operational and data quality support for CBS Sports tent-poll events, including Soccer (including the UEFA Champions and Europa Leagues, Serie A, NWSL, and US Women's / Men's National Soccer Teams), as well as NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, College Basketball (including the NCAA Tournament), College Football (with a focus on SEC Football), and Golf (including The Masters and The PGA Championship).
• An off-the-charts understanding of and passion for all sports, including sports betting and Fantasy sports.
• The foresight and understanding to advance tent-pole events like the Masters, World Cup Soccer, Olympics, Super Bowl, the NFL, and March Madness as opportunities to drive SportsLine.com subscriptions and product growth.
• Ability to efficiently communicate with peers and senior management through e-mails, instant messaging and daily meetings.
• Ability to bring together a cross-functional and diverse group of collaborators to innovate and address product, production operations & data quality problems.
• Ability to write detailed product requirements and test scripts, and eloquently champion them to multiple collaborators.
• Knowledge and understanding of collecting and displaying valuable KPI successes and failures through weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
• An understanding of Agile Project Management, writing User Stories, and submitting projects.
• Editorial, Product, Website Production, Video Production and Quality Assurance experience a plus
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree preferred with a focus on New Media technology, Public/Media Relations, Journalism, English
• Experience in HTML and Photoshop a plus
• A general knowledge in desktop, mobile web and mobile app products, and how each functions
• Ability to understand how API's and feeds work, and ability to identify issues before they become user-facing issues
• Understanding of Jira, Confluence and Slack a plus!
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxqeqz-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.