The Video Technology Group (VTG) develops industry-leading VOD & Live Streaming delivery solutions for ViacomCBS properties including Paramount+, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, CBS News and CBS Sports. Our team is responsible for the delivery of premium content to millions of people every day. We set company-wide video standards and help internal business units integrate the video delivery stack into their specific online products. Additionally, the team serves as the company's information resource on current and future trends in digital video. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in doing high-visibility, mission-critical work!
The Video Platform team is a team working within the Video Technology Group that oversees video processing and publishing workflows. We focus on building and maintaining video encoding platforms for on-demand video and live streaming infrastructures as well as integrations with CMS and publishing pipelines. The team works across the video ecosystem to enable all ViacomCBS business units to deliver high-quality video through the use of cutting-edge technologies for maximizing user engagement and revenues.
Do you have a passion for live streaming? Does sharing your knowledge and collaborating across multiple teams in a DevOps culture sound exciting to you? If you answered yes, then we may be looking for you! The Video Technology Group is looking for an experienced Live Streaming Solutions Engineer to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with live streaming events and a deep knowledge of creating 4K HDR live streaming workflows in the cloud. To be successful at this job, you will need to be patient and personable, have strong written communications skills, enjoy teaching others, be a problem solver and a team player.
• Ensuring seamless operation of live streaming events running on our platform, including occasional evenings and weekends
• Working with live streaming event teams from internal business units to assist with configuring workflows and capturing new feature requirements
• Investigate and resolve issues in live streaming workflows by collecting relevant logs and metrics, diving into troubleshooting, and suggesting mitigations
• Reproducing bugs and creating detailed issues for developers or vendors to fix
• Defining & developing useful metrics and alerts for monitoring live streaming events & proactively identifying reliability risks
• Onboarding internal business units to the live streaming platform
• Sitting between developers and operations teams to ensure platform reliability, scalability & availability
• Building POCs and defining new product features
• Creating documentation for use cases & KBAs (Knowledge Base Articles)
• Working with the development team to test new product features and provide feedback into product development for our video streaming platform
• Collaborating with other platform teams to build and test video streaming workflows
• 4K HDR Live Streaming
• Support Video Operations Teams for Live Streaming Events
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 7+ years of experience with live streaming video
• Strong video troubleshooting skills
• Drive issues to resolution and provide root cause analysis if needed
• Fluency in Python or similar high-level programming language
• Experience with streaming protocols such as RTP, RTMP, SRT, Zixi, UDP, HLS, DASH
• Experience with modern video & audio codecs such as H264, HEVC, VP9, AV1, AAC
• Knowledge and understanding of DRM, SCTE-104/35, Closed Captioning, Digital Ad Insertion
• Experience with AWS Media Services (MediaLive, MediaConnect, MediaPackage, MediaStore)
• Experience with REST API's and data-interchange formats such as JSON and XML
• Advanced experience building video workflows in the cloud using Amazon AWS or Google Cloud
• The ability to partner with internal business units & teams with varying technical backgrounds
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
You might also have -
• Experience with video processing services such as BitMovin, Hybrik, Zencoder, Encoding.com, or AWS Elemental
• Familiarity with video processing tools like FFmpeg, GStreamer, and similar
• Live streaming operations experience
• Fluency in modern systems programming languages such as Go and/or Rust
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaS) tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
• Kubernetes/EKS/ECS or Container Orchestration Experience
• Certifications in AWS or GCP
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yv4m-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.