We are looking for a Principal Data Scientist to join the Paramount Pictures team! Under the mentorship of the department head, this role is responsible for advanced statistical analysis to drive data-directed decision-making within the theatrical marketing field.
• Implement code to build statistical models to improve our understanding of film marketing dynamics
• Build deliverables and present findings to both technical and non-technical internal partners
• Develop positive relationships with partners across Paramount Pictures
• Partner with key partners in the Data Engineering organization to assist with the collection, storage, and processing of key marketing data
• Contribute to the growth of Data Science at Paramount Pictures through identifying standard methodologies, interviewing more junior data scientists, and strategic department planning
• Support marketing experimentation initiatives within specific markets throughout hypothesis generation, test design, analysis and interpretation phases
• 4+ years of experience, either in-house or with an agency/consultancy, working in data science or predictive modeling
• Advanced degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, etc.), or equivalent experience working as a data scientist
• Hands-on experience with multiple data scripting languages (e.g., SQL, R, Python, Scala)
• Demonstrated track record of independently using data science approaches to solve business problems and communicating those findings in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience with Visualization software (Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc.)
• Meticulous attention to detail and able to balance different projects in various degrees of completion at the same time.
• Interest in the Film/TV industry
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk325k-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.