Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA; PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, its portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the US television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, Paramount provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Is this the role for you?
We're looking for a Network Engineer to join, support and contribute to development of the Paramount Network team working in close alignment with our Global Networking team. Supporting the network infrastructure from an operational and engineering perspective, covering a wide range of network technologies to support data, voice, wireless and security platforms across multiple business functions including corporate and broadcast and media operations. The team is looking for an engineer with a wide range of networking expertise and experience, developing, and delivering enterprise solutions in a team-orientated environment.
What will you be doing?
• Implement and run enterprise networking solutions with high reliability and availability
• Introduce new networking technologies or improve existing technologies to transform existing capabilities and services
• Maintain technical documents for solutions and standard operating procedures such that services are delivered in an efficient and effective manner
• Support of the Paramount global Network, IP and related security services issues, resolve complex system and network issues and outages when needed
• 3rd line support of all Viacom network infrastructure
• Act as technical project manager by preparing project plans, interacting with other departments and guiding IT resources as required
• Keep all documentation (including LAN/WAN drawings and equipment lists) accurate and current
• Industry watching, both direct or through a third party, to ensure the company is aware and educated on new technologies
• Participate actively in engineering and architecture solution peer reviews and solution design sessions
• Vendor and 3rd Party support and critical issues
• Can work independently and exercises reasonable discernment with little supervision while providing clear documentation of activities and accomplishments
• Interacts closely with peers and management across all functional teams
• To provide a point of escalation for all issues pertaining to the availability, security and performance of all Paramount International network, in both the production and development/QA environment.
• To maintain a technical understanding of the security layers and standards those are appropriate for the risks faced by the business.
• The provision of technical competencies that provide in-depth knowledge for the areas deemed important by the business.
• To deliver against the business strategic objectives that utilise/maximise the overall technology infrastructure as directed.
• To provide all support lines as required by the business.
• The delivery of project based activities complying at all times to Project Management standards.
What are we looking for?
• IT diploma or above - Essential
• CCNA R&S or equivalent experience – Essential
• Computer related Degree
• Knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless AP and Controllers, IOS, NXOS, WAN accelerators – Desirable
• Knowledge of IP security implementation, multi-vendor IPS, URL filtering – Desirable
• Knowledge of MPLS, BGP & Internet Exchange Peering – Desirable
• Knowledge of QoS – Desirable
• Knowledge of Multicast – Desirable
• Knowledge of Network Management – Desirable
• Understanding of WLAN authentication, security and network management – Desirable
• Experience in deploying SNMP based monitoring solutions – Desirable
• Experience in Large scale enterprise project management – Desirable
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
• Good written and spoken English and an ability to communicate with Business Employees at all levels.
• Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
• Good time management with an ability to work on a number of projects and tasks concurrently setting own agendas and effectively prioritising work.
• A strong enthusiasm for technology
• Operates as a Team Player
• Demonstrates thoroughness and an eye for detail
• Ability to generate, document and implement procedures
• Ability to Adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to work under pressure
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
If you have any difficulties in applying or require access needs arising from a mobility or any other impairment please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0207 555 1234. We can then ensure your experience and visit is as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvp880-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.