Currently Airing, Video Production Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
We are the Video Operations and Digital Streaming team, responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms for CBS Digital & Paramount+ applications and sites. We are also responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day!
We are seeking a new team member that thrives on timely production of content for domestic publishing to Paramount +/cbs.com and fulfillment of short-form, TV & film assets to our distribution partners. The candidate will work closely with internal teams to align business needs and operational requirements, manage scheduling and resources, and ensure that all service level agreements are achieved with 100% on-time and accurate delivery during the Overnight shift.
• Responsible for facilitating progress of all currently airing programs across network and digital streaming schedules with focus on Network Primetime programs, Paramount+ Originals, and Late Night shows
• Keeping the Ops team ahead of programming schedule and internal stakeholders abreast of priority changes and new launches
• First point of escalation for trafficking of all file sources, reconciliation of deliveries, and troubleshooting publishing bottlenecks
• Spearheading team huddles, training, and overviews in addition to updating SOPs and documentation
• Identifying and initiating operational improvements
• Use and enforce sign offs in the work order system and maintain a current and accurate record of daily reports
• Resolve priority conflicts upon consulting with managers and/or Tech Ops & QA teams
Qualifications/What you bring to the team:
You Have :
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent training & experience in managing a Production or Operations team
• Working knowledge of video encoding specifications and basic understanding current OTT landscape, apps, and digital media
• Experience in managing a team centered on creating and distributing digital video products with ultra-short turnaround times
• Good understanding of Google Suite of tools (Google Docs, e.g. Google Documents, Google Spreadsheets)
• Must be able to work the Overnight shift and be available during tentpole events.
• Proven leadership skills – excellent communication, leads by example, provides direction, feedback, motivates and has ability to influence
• Strong organizational and communication abilities with experience working with diverse teams.
• Quick thinker and excels in the area of problem solving, demonstrate ability to multitask
You Might Also Have:
• Enthusiasm and enjoy TV/Film/Digital Media
• Experience with Adobe Premiere Editing Suites Knowledge of MACCAPTION, Telestream/Vantage, GCP/AWS, MPX
• Familiarity with controls in a CMS tool for online publishing
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm9mm6-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.