Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Paramount Streaming Research and Insights is responsible for developing a deep understanding of Paramount streaming audiences and then disseminating those findings within the company. Through research and insights initiatives, we support the Paramount streaming teams, including Paramount+ and Pluto TV.
The Paramount Streaming Research and Insights team is seeking an enthusiastic Manager, Research and Insights focusing on Content, with strong quantitative and qualitative skills, to assist with managing and implementing content-focused primary research projects for Paramount+ in the US. This includes, but is not limited to, concept testing, pilot testing, and series maintenance research. The ideal candidate has experience with a variety of methodologies (surveys, focus groups, IDIs, online community activities), and is adept at data analysis and insightful storytelling. As part of the wider Streaming Research and Insights team and specifically the Content-focused Insights team, the role entails working closely with the Content Strategy team at Paramount+ to deliver primary insights that uncover users' needs, preferences, and behaviors to help inform content decisions, strategy, and production. The position requires excellent analytical skills and superior attention to detail in working with data, as well as the ability to see patterns and connect insights among consumers. The position requires experience managing primary consumer insights projects, with experience in media research preferred. A passion for media is a must.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Working closely with Vice President and the wider team to craft, field, coordinate, analyze and disseminate quantitative and qualitative research projects including surveys, online research, focus groups, or other forms of analyses
• Assist with all aspects of quantitative and qualitative primary research studies, with external vendors and in-house (e.g., drafting RFPs, reviewing project deliverables, providing detailed feedback to vendors, etc.)
• Work closely with internal content partners to identify research needs and uncover opportunities to increase subscribers through strong content offerings that increase audience potential
• Conduct delegated primary and secondary research projects; engage, direct and supervise vendors where needed; infuse Paramount perspective into projects; craft output to 'bring the audience to life' and champion the communication of results throughout the organization
• Work closely with wider research and insights teams to leverage developments, systems and processes where possible as well as roll out information/projects
• Engage, direct and supervise vendors where needed; ensure outcomes are insightful and deliver on business needs
• Maintain a solid understanding of trends among current shows, movies, and other content offerings on Paramount+, Pluto TV, and competitor services
• Complete delegated RFP processes and administrative tasks for primary research projects including Purchase Orders, Finance and Legal processes
• Experience with all stages of quantitative and qualitative methodologies
• Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and the ability to find and tell a clear story based on data
• Excels at working with large datasets
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task on numerous requests and initiatives
• Positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills and ability to form strong professional and working relationships
• Be able to effectively communicate findings to key partners across various levels, from Executives to Production
• Experience working closely with external research vendors on all aspects of a project
• Comfortable presenting project findings to internal collaborators
• Experience using online communities and/or panels to conduct studies and get answers to quick turnaround questions
• Must work well under pressure and be able to meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
• A high level of attention to detail and accuracy is essential
• Strong critical thinking skills and a sense of curiosity
• Create insights presentations using both primary and secondary data sources that clearly communicate key findings and relevant details to executives
• Fluency in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to write concisely and compellingly
• Strong PC, Excel, and PowerPoint skills a must
• 5+ years of experience in consumer insights, preferably in the media space
• Strong experience and knowledge of primary research approaches, content research experience a plus
• Previous experience on the vendor side is a plus
• Completed Bachelor's Degree
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rojbm2-3-238-204-167-42 in your application.