Lead Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Truly premium content. At true scale. Only CBSi. CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
The team for Paramount+ is responsible for servicing ViacomCBS's premium online content around the world. We're home to exclusive original shows (Star Trek: Picard, Star Trek Discovery, The Good Fight, Twilight Zone) and also help millions of viewers consume and enjoy content across all of ViacomCBS's global brands (such as Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Smithsonian, MTV, BET, etc).
Overview & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the team, communicate effectively and share ideas with colleagues and management
• Work closely with other functional teams and with our external partners
• Provide technical guidance to the team and represent team to the wider organisation
• Regular 1 on 1 meetings with team members and conflict resolution
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Be part of the Smart TV team that develops applications for various smart tvs and gaming consoles
• BS/BA Degree
• 4+ years of experience in managing and growing software engineers
• Effective communication skills
• Experience with various source control and agile methodologies
• Successful track record of designing and architecting solutions
• Passionate about application performance and knows different techniques to do optimization
• Web development best practices
• Experience working for RESTful APIs
• Experience performing load tests
• Experience working with tools like Jenkins
• Rapid proof-of-concept experiences
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vew5-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.