Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
The CBS Sports Social Media team builds and distributes all content posted from CBS Sports Digital's social media channels. In a sports media landscape that's cluttered with noise, we take pride in building creative concepts that cut through with our audience and represent the values of our brands!
We are seeking a Manager to lead our NFL on CBS coverage on social media. The ideal person will have extensive knowledge of the league as well as the culture surrounding all types of football. Further, they will understand the best strategies of Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube, as proven by their portfolio of work. The candidate also has the proven ability to identify trending stories and create content (i.e. videos, graphics, photoshops, memes) that best play to each platform's audience.
The candidate will work in partnership with the production, editorial, and social teams at CBS Sports to run these accounts. On top of covering the sport of football, integrating our NFL on CBS broadcast presence will be a critical responsibility with this role. Join our growing team!
• Form relationships with the NFL on CBS production team and establish regular cadence of social content revolving around NFL Today talent
• Align NFL initiatives with PR/Marketing/Programming Departments
• Establish voice and strategy for NFL on CBS social accounts
• Significantly grow audience and engagement on Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
• Determine trending stories and convert them into social posts to drive engagement in a timely manner
• Brainstorm original creative concepts in reaction to ongoing social conversation in football
• Create photoshops, memes, and simple social video from scratch when needed
• Coordinate with the CBS Sports Digital team to convert CBSSports.com articles and video into social content
• Track and provide day-to-day performance updates on all NFL on CBS social accounts
• Blazing a path and differentiating between the content regularly posted on the CBS Sports accounts around football
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications, or a related field
• 3+ years of social media experience and/or experience in a digital newsroom or production setting
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Deep familiarity with social media audiences, strategies and analytics
• Track record of significant audience and engagement growth on Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter
• Ability to multitask and perform at the highest levels under stress and tight deadlines
• Ability to work in a diverse team setting and be an active contributor
• Excellent writing and grammar skills
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5wqmz-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.