Paramount+ Streaming seeks a Manager, Site Reliability Engineering of Observability for our online television and media-focused web properties. The right person will support our Kubernetes platform that serves our streaming products in the cloud. Our team seeks to produce infrastructure that's fast, self-healing, and operates at a global scale. Are you seasoned reliability engineer and enjoy building systems? This opportunity will have global reach, and impact millions of users.
• Passion for data, and seek to monitor all things!
• Thrives on designing systems with an eye towards scale, self-healing, and automation as guiding principles. Believe that documentation is core to good system design.
• Love CI/CD and think releases should happen multiple times a day.
• Experience with being on-call, and seek-out ways to improve the on-call rotation for the team.
• Lead and manage a team of SREs passionate about observability platform engineering, encouraging a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
• Architect, implement, and optimize the observability stack, utilizing tools such as Prometheus, Thanos, Grafana, New Relic, Elastic, and other industry-leading solutions.
• Provide technical guidance and mentorship to both junior and senior engineers, supporting their growth and professional development.
• Collaborate with multi-functional teams to define and drive observability-related projects, ensuring alignment with business objectives and timelines.
• Champion standard processes in observability, reliability engineering, and incident response, with a strong focus on automating processes and improving system resilience.
• Participate in Agile ceremonies and contribute to project planning and management, ensuring successful delivery of observability initiatives.
• Collaborate with architecture and development teams to influence system design for improved observability and reliability.
• Scale our observability platform in support of large scale events such as the Super Bowl!
• Work to migrate observability capabilities from legacy tools to future platform model
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; or equivalent work experience.
• Proven experience (6+ years) as a Site Reliability Engineer or similar role, with a strong focus on observability concepts and tooling.
• Extensive hands-on experience with observability tools such as Prometheus, Thanos, Grafana, New Relic, Elastic
• Experience working in a cloud environment
• Previous experience managing and leading engineering teams, with a track record of coaching and mentoring engineers of varying experience levels.
• Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and project management practices, with the ability to drive projects to successful completion.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive prescriptive towards identifying and resolving complex technical challenges.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively across multi-functional teams.
• Demonstrated ability to drive technical innovation and influence system architecture decisions.
• Experience in a high-availability, large-scale production environment is a plus.
• Past experience working on public clouds like AWS or GCP
Join the Paramount Streaming Talent Community! Get the inside scoop on life at Paramount Streaming and about career opportunities.
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Hiring Salary Range: $140,000.00 - 190,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6vpoj-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.