Job DescriptionGaming Writer - Comicbook.com (Freelance)
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
ComicBook.com, is an entertainment media company for a generation passionate about larger than life characters, celebrities and entertainment franchises. From movie and tv news to comics, anime, gaming, and franchises like The Walking Dead, Star Wars, Star Trek, Netflix and WWE, ComicBook.com speaks to a genre of fans that eat, sleep and play amidst today's pop/geek culture. Our comprehensive team of experts and newsmakers talk directly with the entertainers and the creators of the industry, as well as the community at large, providing fans an authentic, one-of-a-kind view of the entertainment landscape!
Overview & Responsibilities:
ComicBook.com is looking for a freelance writer who is passionate about gaming in all forms (Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, mobile), streamer culture (Twitch) and popular YouTube personalities. An ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in a team environment and has strong communication skills. In this role, you play a key part in our news desk, with general coverage assignments – providing content for our multiple social outlets and our premium subscribers along with interacting with them in our comments section.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Report and provide written updates on all things gaming culture as assigned by an on-shift editor
• Write 8 stories a day as assigned
• Cover conventions and other key events throughout the year to gather interviews and provide unique content
• Post within the comments section on site and on social media to interact with fans by providing news, analysis and insight
• Build relationships and develop sources in the entertainment space to provide premium information and break news
• Provide original content to help grow audience and community
• Work with managing editorial to provide comprehensive coverage of live, national events
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, or other, related field
• Excellent communication and written skills
• Maintain good organizational skills
• Ability to collaborate well with other reporters
• Self motivation as well as ability to work within a team dynamic
• Expertise in areas such as Genshin Impact, MMOs, streamer culture, and card games like Marvel Snap strongly preferred
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxz0wo-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.