BET Networks, a subsidiary of Paramount Global, is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET's growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.
Network Streaming is seeking a full-time Editorial Manager to work on the website and app copy for the BET+ app. This person should be passionate about style guides/consistency, possess great communication skills and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while working collaboratively with different teams in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment. The BET+ Editorial Manager will also supervise a small team of writers and editors.
• Ensure brand voice is adhered to across sites and apps through content editing and writer development
• Adhere to the in-house style guide and stays abreast of changes to mainstream style
• Help track the editorial team's delivery schedules and deadlines, and help drive projects to completion
• Edit archived copy as needed
• Fact-check and perform light research to ensure accuracy of information presented
• Edit a variety of copy and metadata across websites and apps
• Oversee and provide guidance to copywriters and less tenured copy editors
• Have the ability to communicate feedback not only to writers, but explain style and grammar rules to non-writers
• Coordinate with the BET+ team to ensure consistent metadata across platforms
• Ensure that copy is optimized for SEO
• 3+ years of editing, writing and copy editing experience
• 2+ years of people management skills
• Experience editing/writing online content is key
• Proven ability to learn and enforce in-house style
• Proven ability to work independently and juggle daily, medium and long-range deadlines
• Self-managing and able to function effectively within a team
• Proven ability to edit efficiently while under daily deadline pressure
• Proven ability to solve problems and work independently
• Passion about the BET+ app is a plus!
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwb3my-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.