Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Are you an engineer interested in new media, social activities and television? Paramount+ is developing the next generation of multimedia and cross-platform entertainment! The team at Paramount+ values software which exemplifies simplicity of design, maintainability and foundational adaptability.
Paramount+ seeks a director of engineering in performance for online television and media focused web properties. In this role, you will support our diverse infrastructure and kubernetes platform that serves our streaming products within the cloud. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned leader to manage a wide range of existing technology with an opportunity to improve scalability and reliability of our systems. You thrive on automation, self healing, performance, high availability & uptime. You love systems that are well run and thrive on creating systems that are reliable, detailed and monitored across multiple metrics. You love CI/CD and think releases should happen multiple times a day. You have experience with being on-call and thrive on ownership and systems
• Lead the design & implementation of our public Cloud infrastructure including CI/CD, provisioning, performance, capacity planning, sizing, and Infrastructure as code
• Focus on leading performance technology stack
• Build a sustainable and scalable capacity planning and performance tuning process
• Support our development teams across multiple environments in an AGILE environment
• Build and manage infrastructure at large scale
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Lead the build out of performance best-practices
• Improve existing capacity planning and tuning practices
• Work with our development teams on re-architecture of existing systems in the cloud
What you bring to the team:
• Bachelor's degree
• 7+ years running benchmarks, capacity planning and anomaly detection
• 3+ years of building, retaining and leading performance or engineering teams
• 2+ years using tools like locust.io, JMeter and other performance tools
• 2+ years' using profiling tools like wireshark, jvm profilers and others
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects
• Demonstrated ability to work with 3rd parties and collaborate on solutions
You may also have:
• Past experience working on public clouds like AWS or GCP
• Scripting or Programming experience
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at Paramount+.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g462v7-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.