Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA; PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, its portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the US television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, Paramount provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Audience Impact & Intelligence team are a specialized group of strategists and researchers who power advertising sales with audience-forward, culturally fluent insights for the ever-changing media ecosystem. We inspire our sales teams with deep audience understanding, strategic insights and data clout for their clients. Our group is charged with making the consumer connection with Paramount's many varied audiences across all platforms by providing expertise in generational and life stage segments. We specialize in studies, surveys, data sets and metrics that help internal and external clients further their knowledge of targets, engagement, consumerism, ad efficiency and culture.
On this team, we value diversity of thought, and we believe your hobbies and unique viewpoints are just as important as your previous work experience! We view the world not only from our desks, but also via immersive experiences that inspire us, keep us ahead of the ever-changing cultural landscape, and, with any luck, make us better researchers and strategists.
So, what's the job?
The Insights & Cultural Intelligence team is responsible for unearthing insights about different audiences and the cultural context in which they exist. The Director will contribute to projects for both internal and external partners, take part in brainstorms, craft culture-forward narratives for thought leadership initiatives and for creative strategy development. You will help ensure that project content is always on track. You will also work closely with our research teams and provide operational and executional support on a wide variety of assignments, including, but not limited to: research, analysis, storytelling, and project management.
None of your days will be the same, and projects and team needs are always changing. The optimal Director will need to get going quickly and possess a deep desire to think of creative ways to tell a story. Our operation is like a small start-up within a larger corporate entity, so being a quick study will count for a lot. Being someone who is resistant to change will not. Sound like you? Good. Let's read on.
Day-to-day responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Lead cross-disciplinary working team(s) dedicated to implementing projects (e.g., assessments, strategies, research studies, videos, creative concepts, industry analyses, presentations & events)
• Research and analyze applicable industry and cultural trends, evaluate business problems
• Envisioning creative ways to approach research and how to tell a story and apply it to Paramount business
• Write & edit public-facing materials such as reports, articles, whitepapers & newsletters to promote cultural intelligence studies
• 7+ years of experience in research, marketing strategy or brand planning at an advertising agency, brand strategy or consulting firm
• Excellent ability to research, assess and analyze trends and business problems
• Proven track record of innovative use of research and/or data storytelling (surveys, focus groups, semiotics, social listening)
• Experience drafting project assignments, preparing briefing materials, and leading timelines
• Strong wordsmith and storyteller
• A hard worker in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint/Keynote, Excel, Outlook, and Google
• A strong interest in consumer brands, media, business and culture, and the ability to think and write critically about how these elements interact
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills with a desire to work collaboratively to share ideas
• A curiosity about developing internal team infrastructure, such as analyses, research, presentation materials, project management tools, etc.
• Excellent desk research skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy4q5k-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.