Senior eCommerce Writer
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Our team is responsible for developing and producing compelling stories-as told through video, editorial, and social platforms. We promote programming from Paramount+ which includes movies, live sports, breaking news with a mountain of entertainment from the Paramount Global brands such as CBS, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, and Smithsonian! Our team optimizes the best of Paramount+ content to drive audience, engagement, retention and revenue. We use data analytics, analyzing the competitive landscape while recognizing opportunities for innovation that is continually evolving!
The Digital Content team is looking for an Editor who can pitch, develop and produce engaging digital content to market and promote new and returning Scripted series like Mayor Of Kingstown, SEAL Team, Tulsa King, Happy Face and Wolf Pack. We're looking for a proven content creator who's skilled in building narratives on a variety of storytelling platforms, can deliver clean copy on tight deadlines, and knows how to use data to finetune ideas and strategy.
This role is writing intensive. Candidates must have a strong portfolio that demonstrates examples of evocative and SEO-optimized headlines, plus carefully curated story packaging-included but not limited to site editorial, video scripting, custom thumbnails, and community management.
• Support the marketing of Scripted programming initiatives through editorial coverage of breaking news and evergreen feature content.
• Work closely with the video team to write scripts for short-form and long-form video content.
• Write and copy edit news posts, photo galleries, video captions and publishing information, and social marketing copy.
• Possess understanding of the Scripted universe, the drama/comedy TV fandom audience and how to position Paramount+-related content across various platforms, including YouTube, SVOD, and site.
• Write SEO-optimized publishing information (titles/captions) for Scripted-related video content created both internally (the Digital Streaming video production team) and externally (the marketing team).
• Adept writing and copyediting skills, which help bring stories to life across multiple platforms.
• A firm grasp of the difference between Diane Lockhart and Tasha Mack, Why Women Kill and Mayor Of Kingstown, The Groovy Smoothie and George The Demon.
• An understanding of SEO data analysis and ability to apply knowledge by optimizing-and proposing-site content for organic Search intent.
• The ability to keep content production efficient and on schedule, and for maintaining a high standard of quality.
• Excellent online and in-person communication skills, the goal of which is to maintain positive and productive relationships with key partners.
• Above-average proficiency in creative problem-solving, time management, and balancing various projects at the same time.
• Experience using team collaboration platforms like Asana, Trello, or Jira.
• Firm understanding the needs of partners, and coordinating with them effectively.
• Experience building content on a CMS platform and writing HTML source, if/when necessary.
• Authentic passion for TV, fandom, and pop culture.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g46pqq-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.