Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Scope of Job: We are looking for a DevOps/SRE Engineer for online television and media-focused applications.
• Analyze data from Crash reports, Analytics and Error Logs to understand issues and be responsible for the remediation from end to end
• Proactively fix anomalies in client-side applications through defect remediation and improvements in client codebases
• Work with leadership to achieve established DevOps metrics (Lead Time, Deployment Frequency, Mean Time to Restore (MTTR), and Change Failure Percentage)
• Champion DevOps continuous improvement initiatives for faster pipeline and release mechanisms that increase performance and availability of mobile applications
• Identify and automate tasks that are manual remediation difficulties including using AI/ML when possible and exploring vendor and custom solutions
• Collaborate with specific pipeline tooling that is maintained through DevOps tool sets using infrastructure as code, including automating New Relic events, dashboards, and monitoring with Terraform
• Serve as on-call client support for large production events including live broadcasts to monitor and address slowdowns or outages proactively and/or during events within client-side code
• Implement solutions from learning application behaviors including scaling of mobile applications and related footprints with back end systems and APIs
• Collaborate with peers on Mobile DevOps team and work on mobile application development codebase by following PR and code review processes
• Build and maintain weekly and ad-hoc reports on metrics
• Build systems that are reliable, detailed, and monitored across multiple metrics
• 3+ years leading and monitoring Linux/Mac systems and related mobile/media application technologies
• 1+ years running the design and implementation of Cloud services in AWS/GCP using tools like Terraform, Jenkins, and respective scripting languages like Shell or Python
• Validated experience with OO programming, ideally familiar with Swift or Kotlin for mobile native of at least 1+ years
• Shown experience in setting up/running monitoring tools like NewRelic or similar 1+ years
• Shown ability to work with 3rd parties and collaborate on solutions
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv5v1m-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.