DevOps Engineer (Remote)
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Paramount is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join the Data Technology Solutions Infrastructure Engineering team (DTS). In this role, you will have the opportunity to influence and set DevOps strategies in the areas of automation, platforms, and products within the team. We work hard and seek to nurture an inclusive environment as we build highly efficient, advanced systems. We are a diverse and agile group that works in an exciting and fast-paced environment, partnering with multiple technology partners to ensure that we deliver data insights and support data products. If you are passionate about data, cloud technologies and working with diverse teams, leading by example, join us at DTS Paramount!
• Introducing, improving, and supporting CI/CD processes, technologies, and tools to Data Technology Solutions teams
• Recommending, consolidating, and centralizing tools, workflows, and infrastructure
• Building and maintaining internal tools
• Working closely with engineers of other specialties (including Cloud Engineers, Data Engineers, DBAs, Network Administrators, Data Engineers) to ensure that business requirements are met, using the right tools for the job
• Troubleshooting and supporting build, test, and deployment incidents if they happen
• Developing and maintaining technical documentation and processes
• Leverage Infrastructure as Code (IaC) frameworks to provision and maintain GCP and AWS resources.
• Build, maintain and improve the IaC that supports our products and services.
• Monitor and resolve operational issues related to infrastructure and data pipelines.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 1+ years of Experience implementing GCP through IaC using Terraform.
• 1+ years of knowledge and experience of the technologies that enable software build automation and deployment, including GCP, Jenkins, Kubernetes, docker, bash/Python scripts
• Experience implementing pipelines using CI/CD platforms like Jenkins, GCP Cloud Build, Github Actions or similar.
• Experienced with Linux systems.
• Experience implementing GitOps and Cloud-Native technologies - Docker, Kubernetes, GKE, Helm, etc.
• Programming Experience using any scripting language like Python, Bash, etc.
• Proficient understanding of concepts like CI/CD, configuration management, cloud platforms, version control, automation, monitoring, analytics, and containerization
• Great team player
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Creative thinker who can devise solutions for complex problems
• Desire to learn new technologies and latest industrial standards
• Knowledge of AWS Cloud
You might also have
• Experience with Apache Airflow
• Experience with Google Composer
• Experience with Google Cloud Build
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn9175-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.