Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Data is key here at ViacomCBS, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), our Business Intelligence team is a crucial part of our success. We drive business, content, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights and analytical products. We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst who is passionate about data and entertainment and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Does this sound like you? The position is anchored around our growing SVOD service Paramount+, which includes a wealth of established library content across CBS, MTV Entertainment Group, Nickelodeon, BET and more, together with its growing Originals' slate, such as iCarly, Star Trek: Picard; RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars, PAW Patrol: The Movie; Queenpins, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge On The Run and Why Women Kill and many more!
This BI Analyst will be responsible for developing and generating reports, insights, & analysis across multiple systems, primarily through the lens of product analytics and experimentation. You will help measure, evaluate, and improve the way that users experience our services across Web, Mobile App, and Connected TV while presenting your findings effectively to partners. This role will be primarily focused on data analysis work related to Paramount+.
• Define and deliver analysis and reporting that will inform product decisions and strategy
• Write SQL to query a data warehouse (BigQuery) in order to answer questions from a variety of stakeholders
• Support the A/B testing program with exploratory analysis, test design and sample size calculations, and statistical analysis
• Work closely with product and other internal teams to represent and capture business goals, deliver insights, and make recommendations
• Develop automated dashboards and reports that allow collaborators to generate insights and answer questions in a self-service fashion
Key Projects (examples):
• Building dashboards (using Tableau and other BI tools) that illustrate how metrics related to important product features are changing over time
• Refining data models, reports, dashboards, and insights based on the needs of a rapidly changing business
• Analyzing how product features and strategy impact content performance and subscriber lifecycle behavior
• Perform Ad Hoc analysis on specific business problems and summarize findings in an accurate, concise, easy-to-understand manner
• Improving experimentation efforts through automation, test design, and exploration of statistical methods.
• Supporting monthly and quarterly reporting initiatives
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• 2-3 years of experience in analytics. Familiarity with A/B testing, product analytics, or web analytics is a plus.
• Curiosity about using experimentation statistical analysis to measure the impact of product decisions
• Ability to model complex data sets to facilitate reporting and analysis
• Can communicate clearly and succinctly, adjust to diverse styles and audiences to tell compelling stories with data
• High level of comfort in SQL and/or other query languages
• Experience with Python or other scripting languages
• Adept with presentation tools and services (Google Docs, Tableau, Google Data Studio, Keynote, PowerPoint, etc.)
You might also have:
Strong mathematics, statistics background
Experience using project management tools like those from Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence)
Experience using Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery)
A background in SVOD/AVOD/TVE or other subscription-based digital services
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwbwxp-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.