OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Data are pivotal at Paramount, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), our Measurement Operations team is a crucial part of our success. It drives business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights, and analytical products. We are looking for an Analytics QA Engineer who is passionate about data and entertainment, and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The position is anchored around maintaining test automation for our measurement solutions on our growing portfolio of products that offer Paramount content on multiple access points, including its growing Originals' slate with shows such as Top Gun - Maverick, Star Trek: Discovery, Clifford - Big red dog, and 1883, and Mayor of Kingston, to name a few. The candidate is responsible for delivering quality, well-tested software to support custom tracking solutions as well as analytics quality assurance. The ideal candidate will maintain end-to-end test automation scripts/solutions including its development, testing, and deployment to production.
• Engaging with technical allies to prioritize and automate the testing for tracking libraries and SDKs for Web, Mobile Apps, OTT, and SmartTVs
• Convert test cases to test scripts and provide a self-serve ability for the rest of the team to complete automated testing
• Partner with workmates to develop/support testing solutions which help them validate the streaming tracking analytics efficiently
• Collaborate with multi-functional field partners to address issues and test failures related to analytics implementations
• Chip into tracking specifications; review, test, deploy, and maintain test suites that will help
• Support high quality analytics software
• Automate QA tests using real and simulated devices
• Analyze and document test results and build detailed Jira bug tickets
• Support automated testing efforts for analytics APIs that collect data across multiple platforms
• Participate in the continuous development and improvement of test automation frameworks that support data collection and data validation capabilities
• Automate test cases & perform test script audits to identify tracking gaps and inconsistencies, apply oneself to technical implementation/tracking issues
• Mentor QA engineers to apply test automation as the primary source of testing and help them adapt to the automation framework
• Act as a point of contact for QA automation throughout the SDLC and conduct peer review of test scripts
• 2+ years of software development and a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• Strong communication, problem solving, and creative-thinking skills
• Experience with test planning, test execution, test automation, and acceptance testing in an Agile environment
• Strong advocate for continuous improvement, for standard methodologies, and for test automation and testing tools
• Experience using proxy tools (e.g., Charles Proxy or Wireshark or Chrome DevTools or BrowserMob)
• Perspicacity with tag management tools (e.g. Tealium or Adobe Launch)
• Experience in automation frameworks such as Selenium Webdriver or Appium
• Agile experience and familiarity with Jira and Confluence
• Foresight with analytics tools (e.g., Adobe Analytics)
• Testing experience with mobile applications and OTT platforms using ADB/Xcode
• Success in building a culture of good test engineering processes and practices
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Hiring Salary Range: $74,400.00 - 97,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw2pby-44-201-72-250-42 in your application.