Paramount is home to the leading portfolio of global, multi-platform entertainment brands, including Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV and Paramount Channel among others. Additionally, we provide brand and content licensing, sales, digital, mobile and streaming distribution rights and other services and solutions for our partners across several countries.
In our offices located all over the world, we all share the passion for bringing the best of multimedia entertainment in all its forms, on multiple platforms, to kids, youth and families, for diverse tastes, with local flavors. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world.
Our Budapest shared service center supports the worldwide financial and accounting operation of Paramount and reports to the New York HQ.
Position type: full-time, indefinite
Reports to: RTR Senior Manager – Fixed Assets & Leases
The Fixed Asset and Lease team is responsible for the oversight, timely accounting and analysis of capital expenditures and leases.
• As a senior team member you are expected to review and organize the work of the less experienced team members
• Raise and maintain purchase orders for contractual obligations arising from lease agreements
• Prepare and park journal entries
• Operate our Lease Accelerator system to add new or modify/terminate existing lease agreements and ensure proper US GAAP accounting for leases
• Prepare quarterly reporting around leases
• Conduct monthly depreciation, amortization and rent variance analysis
• Review and follow-up on capital expenditure requests
• Support the capital reporting needs of the worldwide finance organization
• Understand and implement capital policy
• Conduct periodic asset impairment procedures
• Prepare accounting analysis for fixed asset sales/disposals/transfers
• Review and input depreciation expense forecasts
• Calculate and communicate allocation of depreciation expense to the impacted brands
• Work with external auditors during quarterly and annual reviews/audits by preparing information requests and addressing inquiries
• Assist with ad hoc Viacom and internal management requests
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
• Minimum 4 years relevant work experience
• Strong working knowledge of general accounting principles, concepts and processes
• Team player with the ability to work and communicate effectively with people at different levels within the organization
• Demonstrate the ability to perform effective work load prioritization and management
• Demonstrate the ability to be a self-starter and take initiative and follow through
• Proven record of process improvements and efficiency enhancements
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to be thorough with attention to detail
• Business English (B2/C1 or above)
• CPA, ACCA (or equivalent) a plus
• Experience in SAP (especially fixed asset management) a strong plus
We believe you will enjoy working with us because:
• we have access to several well-being support tools like Headspace, Employee Assistance Program, Ginger, Thrive and more
• our recently launched private health insurance program can give you an opportunity to reach private clinics in many cases
• our monthly cafeteria package includes OTP SZÉP card, car sharing option, nursury and home loan support
• All You Can Move sportpass registration is possible
• we have the possibility to join Employee Resource Groups and social communities as we are a highly inclusive multinational and multicultural entertainment company in an exciting and dynamic sector
• we have an award-winning office with a unique and supportive working environment (currently limited office visit possibility in line with our health & safety guidelines, on a long run we are planning to go to hybrid mode with 3 days expected in the office/week)
• we have several optional self-development possibilities and platforms (e.g. global internal learning platform with several trainings to new joiners, people managers and for us all, Linkedin Learning, etc.)
• we have complex tasks with real added value, get support from the senior leaders but also get space to work independently and also for teamwork
Please, provide us with your CV in English with the followings: name and surname, your phone number and e-mail address you wish us to use during the recruitment process, education, professional qualifications, professional experience (i.e. employment history).
'' By applying for this role I hereby state that I read and understood Viacom's recruitment related privacy notice (''Notice'', https://www.viacom.com/recruitment-privacy-notice-eea-switzerland ) and that I accept the Notice's conditions. I hereby give my consent for Viacom to process my above indicated personal data (name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.) and the additional personal data that may be included in my CV and cover or motivation letter in the course of the recruitment related procedure for the purposes set forth in the Notice (primarily the evaluation of the applications submitted for the respective job advertisements).''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzebe7-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.