Founded in 2008, the Thunder has established itself as an NBA franchise with strong fan, corporate and community support. We strive to focus on substantial community leadership as an organization and as individual members of our community.
If you are a community-centered public relations professional with media relations experience and strong AP writing and story-telling skills, join us as our Manager, Corporate Communications! The Corporate Communications department serves as brand ambassadors for off-court business, community relations media and public relations efforts, and ensures consistency in corporate messaging.
As the manager, you will play a key role in executing communication strategies and media relations for the Thunder and Oklahoma City Blue.
In this role you will:
• Assist department's director in developing and executing internal and external messaging strategies, projects and initiatives
• Write and distribute media alerts, news releases to promote corporate and organizational initiatives
• Develop media relations strategy that aligns with social media strategy
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with news media
• Serve as corporate spokesperson as needed
• Maintain contact with NBA media department
• Stay up to date on community trends and shifts
• Contribute to website and company publications, writing and proofreading
• Proofread and edit emails, materials for other corporate departments
• Develop and maintain corporate speaker's bureau calendar, respond to community requests, serve as a member and craft messaging and presentation content
• Manage earned media calendars and editorial content
• Manage Thunder archive and game-day credential processes
• Recruit and lead all aspects of the department's interns
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring to the role:
• Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or equivalent work or military experience
• Minimum 5 years of proven experience in public relations, communications or media relations
• Excellent writing, proofreading skills and strong knowledge of AP style
• General knowledge of basketball
• Ability to balance multiple tasks with strong attention to detail, efficiency, and professionalism
• Proficient in Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Must be self-motivated and goal oriented while working in a team environment
• Possess good judgment
• Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
• Newsroom experience is a plus
Employees will be required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID vaccine, subject to accommodation for bona-fide health and/or religious reasons. Work schedule includes office hours plus evenings, weekends and holidays as needed. Driver's license and insurance required along with reliable transportation as some local travel is required. Primary work location will be Paycom Center in downtown Oklahoma City. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications.
As a full-time employee, you will enjoy a generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with matching funds, employee ticket options, subsidized gym membership, paid downtown parking and more!
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxn5nq-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.