- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionTitle: Social Media Manager
Reporting to: Director, Social Media
Job Classification: Full Time - Salaried, Exempt
Pay Rate: $70,000 - $80,000
Location: Oakland, CA
About the A's:
The Oakland A's are a baseball team founded in 1901. They have a rich history, having won nine World Series championships and 15 American League pennants. The A's are known for pioneering the 'Moneyball' approach to team-building, which focuses on using statistical analysis to identify undervalued players.
In addition to their success on the field, the Oakland A's also have a positive and dynamic work culture. They have been recognized twice as the Front Office Sports, Best Employers in Sports.
The A's are defined by their core pillars of being Dynamic, Innovative, and Inclusive. Working for the A's offers the opportunity to be part of an innovative organization that values its employees and strives to create a positive work environment.
The Oakland Athletics are seeking a Social Media Manager to directly manage the day-to-day operations of the official and ancillary accounts of the organization while balancing the creative needs and production deadlines to bring the social strategy to life. The Social Media Manager will lead the charge in the daily management of A's social media platforms from in-game coverage, offseason planning and posting, off-day scheduling, performance reporting, and more. The employee must have a willingness to take initiative and will be able to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while consistently bringing new ideas to the table. We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated, flexible, organized, and detail-oriented with a deep knowledge of crafting and implementing social media copy and strategies.
• Manage daily communications across all social media platforms and accounts, including creating, scheduling, and publishing content for all A's social media platforms - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc..
• Work collaboratively with the Director of Social Media to maintain an organized content calendar, develop strategic programs tailored to increase engagement and followers.
• Assist the Director of Social Media in providing daily assignments and projects to Social Media Coordinators.
• Assist the Director of Social Media in the analysis of content performance to provide weekly and monthly reporting as well as ongoing learnings and recommendations.
• Oversee and assist the Social Media Coordinators with daily in-game coverage, highlights, and more.
• Work in collaboration with Social Media Coordinators to present and establish creative ideas for social content and upcoming initiatives.
• Collaborate with various internal and external content creators (photographers, videographers, designers, etc.).
• Responsible for the oversight and coverage of social media activations for corporate partnership programs, community events, business activations, etc.
• Work collaboratively with Major League Baseball on initiatives, LCC program, etc.
• Maintain and implement knowledge of best practices and trends in social media.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or in a related field or relevant work experience.
• 2+ years of professional experience in social media, digital media, content creation, or digital marketing.
• Excellent understanding of social media, trends, and emerging technologies.
• Ability to write original, creative content on a consistent basis.
• Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere, etc.).
• Knowledge of and experience utilizing social media analytics tools (Ex: Zoomph, Emplifi, CrowdTangle, Sprinklr, Looker, etc.).
• Understanding and knowledge of Major League Baseball.
• Willingness and ability to work flexible hours including games, nights, weekends, and some holidays.
• MLB or professional sports experience is preferred.
• Experience supervising full-time employees is preferred.
• Ability to shoot photo and/or video content when necessary is preferred.
• Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
The Oakland A's diversity statement:
Diversity Statement Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are in our organizational DNA. Our commitment to these values is unwavering – on and off the field. Together, we continue to build an inclusive, innovative, and dynamic culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates belonging and amplifies diverse voices. Combining a collaborative and innovative work environment with talented and diverse team members, we've created a workforce in which every team member has the tools to reach their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Consideration:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb22wo-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $70,000 to $80,000 Per Year ($ USD)